Author Topic: Why does one side look good and the other, meh?  (Read 1917 times)

eastcoastian1

Why does one side look good and the other, meh?
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:54:26 PM »
Looking for opinions as I can’t quite put my finger on it. My left side, smile is solid, jaw looks good, everything seems proportional. My right side, things just look.....off. First I thought it was teeth so I’m in process of getting straightened but now not so sure. What do you guys think? Lip? Maxilla? 

https://imgur.com/a/JtOCFZ9

simonsjaw11

Re: Why does one side look good and the other, meh?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:39:35 AM »
It seems like the jawline is more defined on your left side...On the right side there looks like the manbular angle is a little swelled IMO..

eastcoastian1

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 12:26:42 PM »
It seems like the jawline is more defined on your left side...On the right side there looks like the manbular angle is a little swelled IMO..

Thanks. I agree, I think my jaw is more defined on left. But really just talking about the mouth/lip/teeth area. Looks way more wonky on right side.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 02:51:03 PM »
I'm really not seeing it

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 03:25:46 PM »
Neither do I. Also the angle is inconsistent and the distance to your camera is different. Of course something would look different.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 04:06:25 PM »
Neither do I. Also the angle is inconsistent and the distance to your camera is different. Of course something would look different.

Better one from right side. Hopefully here you’ll see the obvious difference in upper lip/teeth/maxilla compared to right.

https://imgur.com/a/svnzpkA

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »
Better one from right side. Hopefully here you’ll see the obvious difference in upper lip/teeth/maxilla compared to right.

no you're obsessing. both sides look fine. you're just getting neurotic. stop paying attention to it totally. whatever you think you see no one else is or will notice ever. and trying to change something so minimal will make ZERO difference in anything except your bank account and pain and suffering. truth. real talk. give this obsession up.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 05:19:43 PM »

no you're obsessing. both sides look fine. you're just getting neurotic. stop paying attention to it totally. whatever you think you see no one else is or will notice ever. and trying to change something so minimal will make ZERO difference in anything except your bank account and pain and suffering. truth. real talk. give this obsession up.

Lazlo!! Haven’t seen you around in a while. Hope you’re doing well!

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 07:35:58 PM »
Hard to evaluate with 2 separate profile sides taken at different camera angles.  It's not as if people looking at you are going look at one side and then turn around to look at the other side. Have you considered posting a FRONTAL which is the main perspective one evaluates asymmetry or a smile?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »
You look good.
What's the issue?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 12:48:39 AM »
Lazlo!! Haven’t seen you around in a while. Hope you’re doing well!

sup brah! JK livin'.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 08:42:32 AM »

All I'm seeing is MARGINALLY more gum show above your first premolar on the right side when you're smiling, which is not an issue.  Lazlo is right.  Unless you have other angles that show a real asymmetry, I'm filing this under the 'BDD' category.

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 10:15:11 AM »
Could it be that his philtrum looks on the right side SLIGHTLY, SO REALLY SLIGHTLY, convex? If not, than I'm sorry.

logan

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »
Agree that you look great from both sides. I think what you're noticing is the slight gap on the right side between your upper canine(?) and your lower lip, combined with the tiny bit of gum show at the back. I have a bigger asymmetric gap like this but it's the least of my problems, and it'll get fixed with more invisalign that I need for other reasons.  If you take a spoon and pull back on your cheek to take a picture of your complete right upper teeth, maybe you can check if they are in a straight line. And maybe invisalign would change this but your teeth are so perfect not sure any ortho would take it on

ben from UK

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 07:54:10 AM »
Is this after defranq or did you go back to yaremchuck?

How's the front?