Author Topic: Jaw surgery for aesthetic reasons only, please help  (Read 3035 times)

KitKat20

Jaw surgery for aesthetic reasons only, please help
« on: September 03, 2020, 09:18:53 AM »
Hello guys, I have been following these forums for a while but only recently I decided to go through with the surgery. I never had any problems with my bite however both my jaws are set back (or how to call it, not enough forward growth) so it gives me kind of a flat face with paranasal hollowing, I dont look bad by any means but it could definitely be improved. I planned on having double jaw + genio + rhinoplasty at the same time. I went for a consult to Italy with dr. R who I regard as the most competent with very impressive results. He advised me against bimax as it is too invasive for someone who doesn't really need it and anyway he would move my jaws only a little not to give me a "monkey face" so it wouldn't be worth the money. We agreed only on rhinoplasty and paranasal augmentation with fat grafting (which I am not a big fan of to be honest). I saw in Russia many girls get jaw surgery for cosmetic reasons only but I am a bit scared to have it done there, I dont know... Could you guys please advise me any surgeon who would be willing to do it and wouldn't be too conservative with the movements? I dont know who else to consult with, I would love to hear an opinion of maybe one or two more surgeons. I read here on the forums dr Z is too conservative, Defranq Sailer and Alfaro I crossed out. I contacted Dr. Gunson office a while back but I am not sure if the videocall would be good enough to assess and I prefer to have it done in Europe.. thank you in advance for any helpful comments :)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Jaw surgery for aesthetic reasons only, please help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »
I transferred this topic from aesthetic board to 'surgeon reviews and leads'.

Reason: Poster is looking for a lead on a surgeon in the absence of photos. Aesthetic section reserved for those posting photos.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 01:29:08 PM »
If I were in Europe I'd probably go with Z or R.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Mark1968

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 10:08:16 AM »
sorry if I ask...
Z as for Zarrimbal and R as for Raffaini?
thanks

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 04:15:29 PM »
Yes.
Millimeters are miles on the face.