Author Topic: Complete newbie - can someone suggest what I need to do to improve my smile?  (Read 509 times)

crimsonpeas22

Sorry for the completely rookie question, I'm very new in my journey on here (although apparently I created my profile many years ago!).

Here are two pictures on my smile.
https://imgur.com/a/4eoy0bZ

When I smile, I do not show much teeth. It is as if my teeth are hidden behind my lips.

Any idea what I would need to get done?

kavan

• Global Moderator
I won't get detailed here in the event you would need explanations for everything. In GENERAL, double jaw surgery:

* A Lefort 1 to; advance out your upper jaw, drop down your upper jaw for more tooth show from the front, widen your upper jaw to the sides.  It most likely could be a 3 piece lefort requiring some grafting material.  All those things would improve, not only your smile but also the retrusion you have to the maxilla.

* What ever has to be done to the LOWER JAW to balance with the upper jaw which in general is a BSSO.

* What ever orthodontic preparation needed before hand in order to get a jaw surgery.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
It's hard to tell from those images. Any actual records from a doctor?

Your pattern looks consistent with a deep bite (or possibly grinding them down/popeye face) and recessed maxilla, but I can't be sure based off two photos that don't show much.
Millimeters are miles on the face.