Author Topic: Any opinions on Dr Sunil Richardson?  (Read 4543 times)

meo66

InvisalignOnly

Re: Any opinions on Dr Sunil Richardson?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 08:39:26 PM »
This guy is advertising himself very aggressively on all jaw surgery related websites (I see his name popping up everywhere). India is a huge country with thousands of experienced maxillofacial surgeons. When I asked Indian dentist friends who they would recommend, this guy's name never came up. I don't see any evidence that he's so good, all I see is evidence that he's willing to target the international market for elective jaw surgery.

meo66

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 08:18:58 PM »
What jaw related websites is he on? What about his qualifications.ie trained in US ? .he has many surgeons from all over the world who come to his hospital for training.he posts all his work on YouTube .I had an online consultation with him he came across as competent.he also does an MRI sleep apnea scan to check where the obstructions are.and his recovery time for jaw surgery looks impressive. I am going to see him when India reopens for bi max genio. I checked out Korea also but there recovery from double jaw  seems longer and more invasive. Thank you for your reply.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:44:14 PM »
I regularly see his name popping up in jaw surgery related Facebook groups and on Reddit. He never posts directly of course, there are always people that sign up for the group to recommend him (never any photos etc., they just appear, say this guy is a good surgeon, then they are gone, that type of thing). He did not 'train in the USA', he posted some grainy images on his website according to which he was a 'visiting professor', whatever that may mean. May I remind you that thousands of very good doctors of Indian origin actually qualify from medical school in the USA probably every year, so even if he did, it would not be unique but as far as I am aware, he did not.
The recovery time he tells you about might look impressive, in practice anybody can tell you anything, I can tell you right now that if I do double jaw surgery on you you will recover in two days. Happy now? My point is, there is no evidence to back up any claims he might make. I consulted with other maxillofacial surgeons in India who were very well regarded by other medical professionals, and I decided against going with them because, for example, they did not use any software for planning, their before and after photos did not look professional to me, and in general they made a lot of claims (fast recovery time etc.) that they could not back up by any evidence. This is just my personal take on it - if you go ahead with the surgery, I hope you come back to the forum to tell others about your experiences.

meo66

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 02:51:31 AM »
thank you for your opinion i shall do some more research.can you please tell me the names of indian max surgeons that your dentist friends recommended ? thanks

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 01:16:31 PM »
I could, but since I did not have surgery with them, I would feel irresponsible throwing names around when I do not actually know if they are any good or not.

meo66

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 06:57:26 PM »
why would you feel responsible? this is a forum to exchange views and opinions. feel free to post some surgeons names,so i can research and form my own opinion.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »
why would you feel responsible? this is a forum to exchange views and opinions. feel free to post some surgeons names,so i can research and form my own opinion.

I guess you have a point. From those that I communicated with, David P. Tauro seemed the most 'convincing' to me, this is his clinic: http://www.thetaulinsfacialsurgery.com/aboutus.html. I have not actually met him so cannot speak from personal experience; hope you will let others know if you find out more about him, or other surgeons in India. There must be some really good ones but hard to know which ones out of so many.

meo66

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 07:25:38 PM »
yes i wil, and thank you for sharing.