Author Topic: Infraorbital rim implant removal  (Read 1502 times)

Schrödingers Jaw

Infraorbital rim implant removal
« on: November 27, 2020, 11:25:02 AM »
I got infraorbital rim implants that extend a bit over the upper zygomatic bone and a SOOF lift to cover them with fat. The implants aren't very large and the surgery went well but I still don't like how they look and feel. I'd like to have them removed but there isn't a whole lot of information available on what this would mean for my face.

I'm still relatively young (25) so I'd hope my face would recover well and I could go on with my life forgetting about this ordeal but is this a realistic hope?

What do you guys think?

PapiMew

Re: Infraorbital rim implant removal
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 09:51:39 AM »
Just a reminder, additional procedures that involve making an incision into the lower eyelid contribute to scar tissue buildup.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 11:30:02 AM »
Yes, but the alternative is leaving them in place. My one complication was with the infraorbital nerve. It never recovered after the surgery, either because of permanent damage or because of pressure from the implants. This can be looked into and the implants could be shaved down to relieve the pressure point, if that is indeed the problem. However, in that case I'd rather just remove them entirely.

If I go through with it I will let you guys know how it went.

beautyislife

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 06:42:21 AM »
Are you able to tell us who (via PM perhaps) did your surgery? Did you only get the implant and no other eye work - lower lid lift, canthoplasty?

yamahatrophy

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 10:28:13 AM »
Out of interest, what material is the implant made from?

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 04:28:39 PM »
Out of interest, what material is the implant made from?

Silicone