Author Topic: One sided jaw problem  (Read 528 times)

Lumi

One sided jaw problem
« on: December 25, 2020, 12:44:13 PM »
This is purely about aesthetics. I don't have any functional issues.

A little bit of background. Years ago I was happy with how my right and left jaw looks. My right jaw was somewhat angular, good looking. My left jaw was "normal"/roundish, not angular, but it was still OK. Yes, they were a bit asymmetrical, but it didn't bother me. I wasn't a male model or anything like that, but I got compliments about my looks and I was happy with how I look.

However, in November 2016 I had a cyst removal.  The cyst caused occasionally pain every now and then. Not a big deal now when I think about it...The cyst was in my right jaw. This removal surgery changed the way my right jaw angle looks. Before the cyst removal, my right jaw was more angular, wider, better looking. The problem is worse the slimmer I am: the slimmer I am, the worse the right jaw looks.

So now my right jaw looks worse than it did before the cyst removal: it isn't wide, it isn't angular. My left jaw looks the same as it did before, so it's OK.

I consider a jaw angle implant on my right jaw. One thing that I have to clarify: I want my right jaw to look angular, wider, better. It doesn't have to look like it looked before the 2016 cyst removal operation! I wanted to explain why I'm interested only in the right jaw, but this doesn't mean that I want my right jaw to look like it was before the cyst removal. I want it to look as good as possible. If it looks the same as before the cyst removal, good. If it looks different but better, that's even better. The goal is to make my right jaw look as good as possible - the goal isn't to make it look like it was before the operation.

I consider Eppley, Defrancq, and Yaremchuck. Also open to new suggestions.

So my left jaw looks OK, my right jaw doesn't look OK. At this point, I feel that the best way to proceed would be an implant to my right jaw. On the other hand, I'm open to the idea of having an implant on my left jaw too, but I assume it would be more expensive, and I'm not sure if I need it. Maybe I could get an implant to my right jaw, and then decide if I need an implant to my left jaw? Maybe after having an implant on the right jaw I would be happy with my jaws and decide that this is enough - or maybe I would decide that the right jaw looks good now, so why not make the left jaw better looking?

What do you guys think about having only an implant on the right jaw angle? Yes, my jaws would be asymmetrical (though they are asymmetrical already now), but that necessarily wouldn't bother me - it didn't bother me before the cyst removal.

I don't have any other issues. I don't have any functional issues.  I don't think I need a chin implant. I'm happy with my eyes, cheekbones, chin, etc. The only problem is the lower third and specifically the right jaw.

I can send before and after cyst removal pictures to someone that I can trust, I don't want to share my pictures with the general public. I appreciate honest feedback.

I have some (X-ray? CT?) that was taken before the cyst removal. I can share it with you. I don't know if sharing it adds any valuable information, but I will share it regardless, maybe it can be useful. You can see a horizontal wisdom tooth in the right jaw, it was also removed along with the cyst. Here it is: https://ibb.co/wdvQNDs
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:57:00 PM by Lumi »