Author Topic: Planing my Bimax+Genio (X-Ray included)  (Read 2184 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Planing my Bimax+Genio (X-Ray included)
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
Okay i get your point, sorry for the beginning missunderstanding from my side.

But overall would you personaly agree that a jawsurgery would be beneficial for me (from a aesthetical point)?

My general response for those pursuing maxfax 'just for aesthetics is this:
I don't advise pursuing maxfax surgery 'just for aesthetic reasons' if the person pursuing it has a hard time understanding basic aesthetic relationships. Although not inherently 'difficult' to understand, the BASIS in which they become easy to understand is basic geometrical concepts and also some artistic ability. Maxfax relationships are geometrical ones based on proportional balance and if those things are just to 'foreign' to someone for lack of the basic background which makes them intuitively obvious to another, it will be very hard to RELATE to what surgeon/s is/are suggesting because there will be no basis to relate anything back to.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

jshelp

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2020, 04:09:37 AM »
My general response for those pursuing maxfax 'just for aesthetics is this:
I don't advise pursuing maxfax surgery 'just for aesthetic reasons' if the person pursuing it has a hard time understanding basic aesthetic relationships. Although not inherently 'difficult' to understand, the BASIS in which they become easy to understand is basic geometrical concepts and also some artistic ability. Maxfax relationships are geometrical ones based on proportional balance and if those things are just to 'foreign' to someone for lack of the basic background which makes them intuitively obvious to another, it will be very hard to RELATE to what surgeon/s is/are suggesting because there will be no basis to relate anything back to.
In my understanding a bimax with ccw would benefit me, also some surgeons who I consulted with pictures agree with me (obviously they have financial interests). Some other disagree and say it’s not worth it. I will try to consult dr.Z in person since i heard he have a good aesthetic eye

But still I find it hard to evaluate it for yourself since you biased. So I would appreciate if you could just share your gut feeling if it’s worth it or not :)

What I hope to be approved:
- nasobial folds
- pick up the slack of excess skin around jawline so „improve“ the jawline more
- stretch the skin so my bones pop out more like my cheekbones

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2020, 07:30:48 PM »
In my understanding a bimax with ccw would benefit me, also some surgeons who I consulted with pictures agree with me (obviously they have financial interests). Some other disagree and say it’s not worth it. I will try to consult dr.Z in person since i heard he have a good aesthetic eye

But still I find it hard to evaluate it for yourself since you biased. So I would appreciate if you could just share your gut feeling if it’s worth it or not :)

- nasobial folds

Let me give a more BLUNT breakdown of my prior response:

I don't think you are at the level to make a decision for yourself. This is not a matter of 'bias' on your part. It seems more of a matter of lack of very basic fundamental educational background needed as a foundation to 'digest' or otherwise process information.

When people come to this board looking for information, I need to see IF they have a FOUNDATION I can build on in order to process the info they get. If not, it's not something I can compensate for. Also, it took some time until you grasped onto the concept I was putting forth.

The fact that you need someone to use their 'gut feeling' to PREDICT for you the outcome of a maxfax surgery that could have a variety of inputs from doctor to doctor isn't a type of process I work with here.

Try this elementary quiz for starters. If you don't know WHICH one is the correct answer, then I would not advise pursuing it.

The goal of maxfax surgery and reason to get it is to:

a: balance the jaw to jaw relationship along with the bite; to correct a jaw imbalance.

b: improve nasiolabial folds, pick up slack and excess skin around jaw and to stretch the skin so bones pop out.

jshelp

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 12:53:53 AM »
Let me give a more BLUNT breakdown of my prior response:

I don't think you are at the level to make a decision for yourself. This is not a matter of 'bias' on your part. It seems more of a matter of lack of very basic fundamental educational background needed as a foundation to 'digest' or otherwise process information.

When people come to this board looking for information, I need to see IF they have a FOUNDATION I can build on in order to process the info they get. If not, it's not something I can compensate for. Also, it took some time until you grasped onto the concept I was putting forth.

The fact that you need someone to use their 'gut feeling' to PREDICT for you the outcome of a maxfax surgery that could have a variety of inputs from doctor to doctor isn't a type of process I work with here.

Try this elementary quiz for starters. If you don't know WHICH one is the correct answer, then I would not advise pursuing it.

The goal of maxfax surgery and reason to get it is to:

a: balance the jaw to jaw relationship along with the bite; to correct a jaw imbalance.

b: improve nasiolabial folds, pick up slack and excess skin around jaw and to stretch the skin so bones pop out.

Sorry but what’s the point of the subforum then if not ask other users for a opinion? If I could in full detail understand what the surgery will do and how the soft tissue will change there wouldn’t be a point asking question in a „aesthetic“ subforum.

After that I would decide for or against surgery based on user opinion+surgeons consultation+my own understanding

Also I know that the main point of a jaw surgery is to correct jawimbalance...

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 08:20:46 AM »
Look, Kavan gave you some information which you can take to your next consultation to ask the surgeon about their opinion and if it is really their goal to do so.
The information is based on how it is normally done by surgeons. He does not give opinion, instead he gave you further information on which you should decide by yourself.

It is a completely another topic, if it  will look bad or good on you. It seems that in our western society a recessed look is not preferable. The look which kavan try to warn, seems also not preferable. But I think it seems to be more preferable then a recessed look in our society. Eventually you will look like a drill sergeant or brutal MMA fighter.

But that is something what could only be judged based on some real fotos of you. Also what you can discuss with your surgeon.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »
- nasobial folds

It might pick up some slack like if you have excess neck sag/fat. But it probably won't do much of the other stuff.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »
Sorry but what’s the point of the subforum then if not ask other users for a opinion? If I could in full detail understand what the surgery will do and how the soft tissue will change there wouldn’t be a point asking question in a „aesthetic“ subforum.

After that I would decide for or against surgery based on user opinion+surgeons consultation+my own understanding

Also I know that the main point of a jaw surgery is to correct jawimbalance...

I gave you my opinion. I don't think you are at the level to make a decision for yourself and I'm not going to make one for you. Although I agree that you should be able to ask for an opinion as to the type of displacements to entertain, I saw NO demonstration on your part to even 'digest' the information the doctor on board gave you and also GJ which was NOT to advance out your chin. At that point, I broke it down for you as to WHY the chin should not be advanced out in line with an excessively protrusive brow area. Took some time for that to sink in. THen comes an ASININE request for the type of prediction you need which further solidifies that I don't think you're at the level to make a decision for yourself given lack of ability to 'digest'much of any information you get. So, 'What's the point'. I would ask, what's the point of giving you anymore.

No one is expecting you to 'understand in full detail what the surgery will do and how soft tissue will change...' Just to demonstrate a scintilla of processing ability when info is given to you.

It is YOU who has the expectation that this can be predicted for you, and via a 'gut feeling' mind you, and that such a prediction will include a variety of who knows what plans from a number of different doctors and that such a prediction is done in the ABSENCE of in the flesh photos against a goal of 'stretching the skin so the bones pop out'.

My expectation for building on the initial advice I give to posters is that they demonstrate some foundation (aptitude) for me to BUILD ON. IF not, then there is no basis for me to build on. I don't expect them to be MIT grads. But I shouldn't be expected to be a SPECIAL ED teacher to those I'd need to tutor in grammar school geometry, elementary logic (very basic stuff) when AT LEAST that is needed to RELATE TO things going on in maxfax evaluations; something having to do with points, angles, planes and rotations. To be more blunt and break it down further, I expect to recognize a SCINTILLA of 'smarts' be demonstrated on the part of the poster's expectations. Quite frankly, an expectation that a prediction be made for your specific case based on who knows what plans from an assortment of who knows who doctors against a goal of how you would like to see in the mirror your flesh redistributed doesn't pass the grade with me.

Those are my expectations. But they don't preclude you from seeking advice from others. Best of luck to you in what ever decision you make.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 01:19:31 PM »
Look, Kavan gave you some information which you can take to your next consultation to ask the surgeon about their opinion and if it is really their goal to do so.
The information is based on how it is normally done by surgeons. He does not give opinion, instead he gave you further information on which you should decide by yourself.

It is a completely another topic, if it  will look bad or good on you. It seems that in our western society a recessed look is not preferable. The look which kavan try to warn, seems also not preferable. But I think it seems to be more preferable then a recessed look in our society. Eventually you will look like a drill sergeant or brutal MMA fighter. But that is something what could only be judged based on some real fotos of you. Also what you can discuss with your surgeon.

BINGO! Salient info is what to avoid; excess chin pronouncement to 'match' the excess brow protrusion. I would add, reason to pursue would be jaw to jaw balance; correction of recession and with no contingencies for a specific or otherwise desired or hoped for soft tissue response.