Before/After Photos > Overbites

Looking for opinions

(1/3) > >>

designatedmilhouse:
Hey everyone, just looking for thoughts.

When I completely relax my face my mouth hangs open a bit (pic 1) - I'm a mouth breather. If I close my mouth and breathe through my nose (pic 2) it feels unnatural and my jaw will start to feel strained if I keep it in that position too long (although my teeth seem to come together fine). Not to mention breathing through my nose feels relatively 'closed-off' compared to breathing through my mouth, especially when sleeping on my back.

I never really had a problem with this but I've recently learned that my mouth should naturally close when I relax my face, and that nose breathing is the norm. So yep, just interested in your thoughts in regards to this. Always felt my jaw was a bit receded, would that be the cause of it? Sorry if this is the wrong section.

And I wasn't out today, so I didn't shave  :-[

Cmonster:
Hi coolusername,

You are probably class II bite wise and many of us are- it is VERY hard to see much (pics are quite dark)... What prompted you to look for jaw surgery? Are you in braces now or had braces in the past?

designatedmilhouse:

--- Quote from: Cmonster on August 08, 2013, 04:42:37 PM ---Hi coolusername,

You are probably class II bite wise and many of us are- it is VERY hard to see much (pics are quite dark)... What prompted you to look for jaw surgery? Are you in braces now or had braces in the past?

--- End quote ---

Sorry about the brightness. Haven't had braces before. Not necessarily looking for surgery but rather more info, specifically regarding my mouth hanging open when relaxed or the relative difficulty of nose breathing compared to mouth breathing. Posted in this section because my lower jaw is relatively receded compared to the upper, but If I close my teeth together they seem to sit properly (although feels unnatural/strained in this position). Again, I'm not really sure if anything's 'wrong' but I've got no frame of reference so just looking for thoughts.

sanddunes:
Hey,

I think you could definitely benefit from jaw surgery and probably genioplasty also.  Your mandible is clearly recessed and you have lip incompetence.  Have you gone to any surgeons yet for a consult?  Do you have any insurance?

designatedmilhouse:

--- Quote from: sanddunes on August 08, 2013, 06:49:39 PM ---Hey,

I think you could definitely benefit from jaw surgery and probably genioplasty also.  Your mandible is clearly recessed and you have lip incompetence.  Have you gone to any surgeons yet for a consult?  Do you have any insurance?

--- End quote ---

Nah, haven't went to any surgeons or anything like that. And I live in the UK. Not really sure where to go about it.

Do you think jaw surgery would sort out the problems I've mentioned above? I'm also starting to wonder if I have some form of sleep apnoea after reading some of the symptoms  :-\ 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version