Author Topic: Thinking of going for DJS  (Read 6960 times)

lookism

Re: Thinking of going for DJS
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2021, 01:58:21 PM »
very interesting replies, i think i see it a bit more clearee now.

sorry for hijacking the thread though

trandom

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2021, 03:12:14 AM »
So I have done the surgery with Alfaro exactly a week ago.

The plan included CCW through posterior downgraft only, and a lot of movement of both the maxilla and mandible, while keeping my bite the same as it was already good.
Maxilla moved forward around 8mm, mandible 18mm, and POG 23mm.

Maybe someone will be able to shed some light on this:
I was always afraid of under projection, the clinic sent me a picture from exactly after the OP and it looked exactly how I wanted it in terms of projection, but when I take pictures myself it seems like I don't have the same projection as I had before swelling kicked in, I know that the swelling might create an illusion for that, but it looks like it actually went back, not just an illusion.

I also understand that the bones couldn't move between the photos, so I can't really explain what's happening.

Here are the photos:
https://imgur.com/a/TM6iDXQ

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 07:09:57 AM »
You will have to sit tight and wait to see how that swelling plays out. There's no way to know based on what you posted.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

trandom

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2021, 10:30:36 AM »
You will have to sit tight and wait to see how that swelling plays out. There's no way to know based on what you posted.

Thank you GJ, makes perfect sense, I'll update once swelling will go down, it must be the reason.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
Sorry, I can't twist my head around your communication style because your statements and presentations are not logical.

Your IMGUR presentation says; 'pre op, exactly post op and 7 days post op'. There are 3 photos. The first 2 are pre-ops and the last one is exactly post op (because it's taken in the surgical room). There are no '7 days post op' photos presented AS IT SAYS IN THE TITLE. Jesus christ, if you can't even take the time to title your photo link correctly and/or are expecting feedback on how you look 7 days after when those photos are not included as your title reads,  I'm out of here on this one as to further/future feedback.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

trandom

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 01:49:10 PM »
Sorry, I can't twist my head around your communication style because your statements and presentations are not logical.

Your IMGUR presentation says; 'pre op, exactly post op and 7 days post op'. There are 3 photos. The first 2 are pre-ops and the last one is exactly post op (because it's taken in the surgical room). There are no '7 days post op' photos presented AS IT SAYS IN THE TITLE. Jesus christ, if you can't even take the time to title your photo link correctly and/or are expecting feedback on how you look 7 days after when those photos are not included as your title reads,  I'm out of here on this one as to further/future feedback.

The first photo in the Imgur link is the 7-day post-op like it says in the description of the photo.

Edit: I know, the difference between the *exactly post-op* to the *7 days post-op* is super weird.
I was at his office today and have done the scans again and everything is in place, mandible is 16.5mm forward, POG 23mm.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2021, 06:42:55 PM »
The first photo in the Imgur link is the 7-day post-op like it says in the description of the photo.

Edit: I know, the difference between the *exactly post-op* to the *7 days post-op* is super weird.
I was at his office today and have done the scans again and everything is in place, mandible is 16.5mm forward, POG 23mm.

I must have missed that the first photo said '7 days post op'. It's like you could have TITLED the imgur link; '7 days post op', pre op and exactly after op in the order one sees the photos. OK so 'exactly after op' would be how it should look when all the swelling goes down. That's because the swelling does not set in when they take the photo in the operating room. It sets in and peaks afterwards.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2021, 02:47:07 AM »
I think you look great in the after photo, OP! Looks like A did a good job. How's your bite? Can you eat / swallow soft food? It's really important to keep up your calorie intake post op. Don't worry about the projection etc. - I had class 2 and for months after the surgery I used to think I wasn't advanced enough. Now the swelling is all gone, I can see it would look silly if they advanced my lower jaw more. I think you'll be very happy with your result eventually, especially if your bite is good too.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2021, 06:49:45 AM »
I think you look great in the after photo, OP! Looks like A did a good job. How's your bite? Can you eat / swallow soft food? It's really important to keep up your calorie intake post op. Don't worry about the projection etc. - I had class 2 and for months after the surgery I used to think I wasn't advanced enough. Now the swelling is all gone, I can see it would look silly if they advanced my lower jaw more. I think you'll be very happy with your result eventually, especially if your bite is good too.

Did you ever share your final result? I'd be curious to see it.

trandom

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2021, 07:10:47 AM »

The photo from the surgical room indeed look great and exactly how I want to look, I hope that when the swelling goes down it will look similar to this photo.
I can't tell yet how my bite is because I can't completely close my teeth but I think it's going to be perfect, and the Doctor says so as well.

Do you mind sharing photos from your swelling phase until the final result?

What Im worried about is that the swelling doesn't have much to do with the forehead / chin ratio that right now looks really off, but on the other hand, I also see no reason that I won't go back to look like I did right after the surgery.

Like, if the bones position is the same, and there's no swelling, I should look similar, probebly not 100% the same since muscles might adjust differently, but at least close.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2021, 07:15:56 AM »
The photo from the surgical room indeed look great and exactly how I want to look, I hope that when the swelling goes down it will look similar to this photo.

You will unless you had an immediate relapse. The surgeon should notice this and tell you if it happened.

trandom

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2021, 07:23:50 AM »
You will unless you had an immediate relapse. The surgeon should notice this and tell you if it happened.

We re-took CT yesterday, everything remained in the exact same place, so I guess there shouldn’t be any problem....just some weird illusions caused by swelling.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2021, 07:50:33 AM »
We re-took CT yesterday, everything remained in the exact same place, so I guess there shouldn’t be any problem....just some weird illusions caused by swelling.

Then sit back and wait to be happy.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2021, 04:49:44 AM »
Did you ever share your final result? I'd be curious to see it.

I wouldn't like to share it on the forum, but could send it in a personal message, can't see an option for that though?

trandom

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2021, 05:47:55 AM »
Update: 12 days post-op, seems like it was really a matter of swelling only.
https://imgur.com/a/JiQmHqF