Author Topic: Thinking of going for DJS  (Read 6744 times)

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Thinking of going for DJS
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2021, 10:28:12 AM »
Looks good.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lefortitude

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2021, 08:17:26 PM »
looks very good

lookism

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2021, 10:56:36 AM »
and everything without braces ya?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2021, 03:09:54 PM »
and everything without braces ya?

If you look on page 3, he said he was told he might or might not need braces after.

The original presentation that braces wouldn't be needed, as Kavan noted, was not accurate.

That said, we don't yet know if he needs them or not. OP, let us know.

trandom

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »
If you look on page 3, he said he was told he might or might not need braces after.

The original presentation that braces wouldn't be needed, as Kavan noted, was not accurate.

That said, we don't yet know if he needs them or not. OP, let us know.

Hi,

I am going to use Invisalign to tweak the bite a little bit.

I got to choose wether I want to use braces (which would have to be put on pre op) or Invisalign (which I will only put on in 2-3 months)

lookism

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2021, 03:26:38 AM »
Hi,

I am going to use Invisalign to tweak the bite a little bit.

I got to choose wether I want to use braces (which would have to be put on pre op) or Invisalign (which I will only put on in 2-3 months)

so basically you will be done with everything in 2-3 months? thats crazy fast no?

trandom

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2021, 10:47:36 AM »
so basically you will be done with everything in 2-3 months? thats crazy fast no?

I will put on Invisalign in about 2-3 months but it's gonna take a year or so until I'm off of it.

LeFort 3000

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2021, 12:48:43 PM »
crazy how the swelling makes the projection alot worse, eventho in theory the swelling should actually enhance the perceived projection

lookism

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2021, 06:02:42 AM »
I will put on Invisalign in about 2-3 months but it's gonna take a year or so until I'm off of it.

so considering your bite was fine before surgery indeed affected your bite negatively right?

trandom

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2021, 01:54:56 AM »
so considering your bite was fine before surgery indeed affected your bite negatively right?

I'm not sure if I'd classify it as negative.

I had a deep bite with a 2mm overbite, which is almost nothing, Dr said he would not touch the bite since he doesn’t want to ruin in.

Well, bite has changed and I now won't be able to chew until it is fixed, but once it will be fixed, the bite should actually be better
I didn't measure it or anything but I think that I now have maybe 1-1.5mm between my top teeth and the bottom ones, and once I finish ortho I won't have deep bite anymore.

I also assume that since my bite now is more open, I might benefit from that because I also had a shorter lower 3rd, so that coupled with the anterior downgraft lengthened it and I now look more balanced. But that's just how I imagine the effect of the bite change, not sure if it's true or not.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2021, 09:15:30 AM »
This is about what I'd expect.
If it's that minor, then he actually did a good job. My guess is they will tell you it can be fixed with Invisalign, but they gradually change your expectations and have you in braces by the end. Invisalign simply can't do the required movements needed for surgery (or post op). Start to watch for this shift in your expectations soon.

trandom

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2021, 12:44:13 PM »
I really hope it won't end up like that, not having braces was the reason I decided to go for it, I'm not willing to put braces on again.

So far everything looks exactly like I wanted - https://imgur.com/a/ZVz5HjW

There's just one thing I'm a bit worried about, not sure if I even need to...but I think I've been chewing a little bit harder than I should have for the time being, is there any chance that I caused any damage?

On the good side, aesthetically nothing has changed, and my bite remained the same since surgery, does it mean that everything should be good? I'll definitely be more cautious, it's so stressful just to think about that.