Author Topic: Does fixing the side profile also fix the frontal profile of the face?  (Read 903 times)

StudyHacks

People often ask to see the person's side profile to see what's wrong with his face.

My question is, usually, does fixing the side profile also "automatically" fix the face looking at it from the front?

For example, if someone has a recessed lower third and midface from the side view, if they fix that then will the frontal profile also automatically be fixed?

Gadwins

• Private
Re: Does fixing the side profile also fix the frontal profile of the face?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 03:25:34 AM »
Somebody who lives in a two-dimensional vector space can't say something about  any dimensional vector space above him. So what should be fixed from the front, what he can't even see. Otherwise sometimes the one axis of the space is also the axis of the other space. So then you can also see the result in the other space.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 12:12:32 PM »
Somebody who lives in a two-dimensional vector space can't say something about  any dimensional vector space above him. So what should be fixed from the front, what he can't even see. Otherwise sometimes the one axis of the space is also the axis of the other space. So then you can also see the result in the other space.

Great answer. I've provided an illustration of a vector that has direction and magnitude on the X, Y and Z axes projected onto the 2-D axes of the picture plane.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 12:18:37 PM »
People often ask to see the person's side profile to see what's wrong with his face.

My question is, usually, does fixing the side profile also "automatically" fix the face looking at it from the front?

For example, if someone has a recessed lower third and midface from the side view, if they fix that then will the frontal profile also automatically be fixed?

What I will say is this:

1: A side view is the profile. A front view is the frontal. The frontal view isn't called a 'frontal profile.'

2: Your question can't be answered with reference to what ever your meaning of 'fixed' could mean to you.

That said, changing the profile perspective will also change the frontal perspective. There is no definitive answer as to whether or not frontal changes will be 'fixed' to your liking.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.