Author Topic: The forum on Youtube!  (Read 1939 times)

DolphinBite

The forum on Youtube!
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »
Heya -

Just made a vlog on my braces and I mention the forum and how helpful it is - hooray!

Link: http://youtu.be/Kk5lRpVtTL0

I mention the forum around minute 1:40 

Hoping brace pain goes away SOON.

xo -
B

neferkitti

• Private
Re: The forum on Youtube!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21:22 PM »

Just made a vlog on my braces and I mention the forum and how helpful it is - hooray!

Link: http://youtu.be/Kk5lRpVtTL0

Love your vlogs, Dolphin. I am amazed by how well you can speak with that expander in place. I struggled with this device for almost 6 months. You seem to have adapted pretty well. I can already see positive changes to your upper arch.

DolphinBite

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »
neferkitti, you just made my day! I feel like I am lisping and slurring my words all over the place. And the overproduction on saliva is just gross!!! So thanks for saying that I sound ok.

What changes do you see in my upper arch?!? I see my face every day so it's difficult to see change.

Do you have pictures of your expander, etc. that I can view?

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
neferkitti, you just made my day! I feel like I am lisping and slurring my words all over the place. And the overproduction on saliva is just gross!!! So thanks for saying that I sound ok.

Dolphin, you sounded great. It was striking to me how well you spoke, so I was compelled to comment.

I was a mess. I literally spent a week holed up, reading out loud, until I relearned how to speak. I don't think I ever really adjusted as well as you have.

My expander looked like this only I had four molars banded and attached. Good times it was not! One thing that I did like about this type was the ability to clean. If you have the same type, ask your orthodontist if he would be okay with your using thin strips of surgical gauze to clean the upper side. This worked great for me, but the molar bands must be well bonded and the surgical site healed if you're going to do this.

What changes do you see in my upper arch?!? I see my face every day so it's difficult to see change.

Clearly, your two upper teeth are separating. That's to be expected, and it's temporary. But, I also see maxillary fullness, which looks really quite good on you already. I think you're going to look great after all of this.

DolphinBite

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »
Thanks for the pic - my expander is a little different then yours - lots more plastic which makes it difficult to clean.