Author Topic: Cheek concavity  (Read 40545 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Cheek concavity
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
well it's true that you can't fit a round peg in a square hole, his face was never built to be compact nor would surgeons suggest it I doubt.

if his midface were as short as DiCaprio's, then a surgeon would probably be looking to significantly shorten his lower 1/3rd: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28500000/Leonardo-DiCaprio-leonardo-dicaprio-28581909-2560-2530.jpg

tastes do matter, but surgeons are looking to normalize a face. Unfortunately for some people that clashes with the other components of their face (like guy in OP)

Leonardo Dicaprio is so hot and dreamy.  I'm gonna watch Titanic now and masturbate.

x

• Private
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »
that is because there is no way to significantly improve a face from the front unless a person has a really pronounced over-bite (gummy smile in particular), under bite or severely recessed jaws (just IMO)

jaw surgery in general is mostly about self-perception, people are more likely to notice that you had your braces removed than your actual surgery outcome
yeah the irony of bashing the 'smile-focused' orthos here is that for most people, a good smile is the most pronounced change from surgery. barring a blatant deformity

the girl's gestalt looks better, but the rounding of the side of the face is still there and I wanted to make my point about it since it does happen

x

• Private
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
Leonardo Dicaprio is so hot and dreamy.  I'm gonna watch Titanic now and masturbate.
gaze at his smile aesthetics and weep

overbiter

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »
You need to lighten up on the douchiness, it can't be good for your health

Hilarious.

Poor orbital rims look bad. Excessive impaction looks bad. These are both incredibly obvious, but when a face is unnaturally long surgeons are following the rule of facial 1/3rds to 'normalize' a face. People rarely look good with a 1/3rd out of proportion

I don't disagree with any of that, but that kind of sensible comment is not what I'm reading on the boards. Time and time again people put forward the idea that shortening a face leads to facial attractiveness. If you're face is unnaturally/bizarrely long that might be true. Most of the time it is not.

Also I don't even think that guy had an impaction, linear advancement of the maxilla is all I'm seeing

He probably had some impaction to balance out the forward movement.

overbiter

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 02:35:08 PM »
nah brah, this is my world welcome to it you live in it now! weak orbital rim f**ker.

You're the c*nt who wants to have most of his face cut off and moved forwards to fix his orbital rims. For all you know my orbital rims could be f**king awesome. ;)

overbiter

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »
gaze at his smile aesthetics and weep

Why has this forum suddenly turned queer?

x

• Private
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »
He probably had some impaction to balance out the forward movement.
what?

linear advancement addresses a horizontal issue, impaction addresses vertical. your post doesn't compute bro

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »

cause i'm bi b*tch and I'll f**k you till you luv me like a little b*tch.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 02:42:07 PM »
You're the c*nt who wants to have most of his face cut off and moved forwards to fix his orbital rims. For all you know my orbital rims could be f**king awesome. ;)

to the first part my response is: so? to the second part: unlikely.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »

what's wrong overbiter? you never had luv from the homies? never had your s**t pushed in?

overbiter

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
to the first part my response is: so? to the second part: unlikely.

Well, they don't look like much right now because my jaws are f**ked up. Maybe when I've had surgery they might be ok/better. I'm hoping anyway.

overbiter

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 02:53:30 PM »
what's wrong overbiter? you never had luv from the homies? never had your s**t pushed in?

I hope for your sake that you're not a white guy typing like that. As for the rest, the answer is no, but don't let me spoil your bi fun. Just leave me out.

overbiter

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »
what?

linear advancement addresses a horizontal issue, impaction addresses vertical. your post doesn't compute bro

Impaction is routine after horizontal movement. The philtrum often looks longer after horizontal movement, so surgeons impact. You should know that by now. It's probably why his face looks weaker after surgery.

x

• Private
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
Impaction is routine after horizontal movement. The philtrum often looks longer after horizontal movement, so surgeons impact. You should know that by now. It's probably why his face looks weaker after surgery.
I've never heard of that happening. sounds like a crackpot theory to keep in line with your length is good belief

edit: dug up his info. no mention of impaction, get mad:

"Fig. 2. (A) Case of retromaxillism with transverse deficiency and mandibular retroalveolism. (B) Mandibular anterior alveolar distraction using a hinge-joint bone plate to allow rotation. Simultaneous correction of the transverse maxillary deficiency by way of surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion. (C) Once the dentition is fully decompensated, the class III skeletal profile becomes more evident. The open spaces distal to the canines will be managed by the placement of implants. (D) Preoperative and postoperative lateral cephalometric radiographs showing a LeFort I advancement, mandibular BSSO setback, and vertical chin augmentation. (E) The clinical outcome, showing an improved aesthetic midfacial to lower-facial relationship. Once the patient is debanded, osseointegrated implants are placed in the dental gaps. With the mandibular setback comes an improvement in the contour of the gonial angle."

CK

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »
getting sick of this manic obsession with the cheekbones. cheekbones dont matter that much, cheekbones r often accentuated (particularly in models) because their features and proportions are top 1%. the problem is depressed and weak upper face relative to the lower.

a longer midface is worse anything.

look at someone like shia labeouf. when he was 15-18 he looked like a nerdy weak teenager:

now he gained loads of muscle and lost fat and is super ripped:

his cheekbones, in fact whole upper face is flat . guess if his nose was smaller it would make his face seem much longer. so lucky him.