Author Topic: Cheek concavity  (Read 40514 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Cheek concavity
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »
getting sick of this manic obsession with the cheekbones. cheekbones dont matter that much, cheekbones r often accentuated (particularly in models) because their features and proportions are top 1%. the problem is depressed and weak upper face relative to the lower.

a longer midface is worse anything.

look at someone like shia labeouf. when he was 15-18 he looked like a nerdy weak teenager:

now he gained loads of muscle and lost fat and is super ripped:

his cheekbones, in fact whole upper face is flat . guess if his nose was smaller it would make his face seem much longer. so lucky him.

Shia is hot as f**k now!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
for sure. i think a lot of guys can achieve that level of handsomeness if they work on their bodies.

DAMN RIGHT, buT MOST PEOPLE ARE LAAZY

CK

• Private
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 04:24:05 PM »

DAMN RIGHT, buT MOST PEOPLE ARE LAAZY

so true.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 04:38:09 PM »
getting sick of this manic obsession with the cheekbones. cheekbones dont matter that much,

Stop hating on cheekbones CK.  It's the only good part of my facial bone structure.  Unlike you class 3 lot I've got no chin or jaw angles so let me feel good over my cheekbones

TBH most people look weird as a teenagers.  When I was 14 I had the body of a 10 year old but my lumpy nose had grown onto my tiny child face. And I had braces. Not a good look.

x

• Private
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 04:48:01 PM »
Cheekbones are important to attractiveness just like any other component of the face. Not essential cause you can lack cheekbones and overcompensate in other features, but there's more to a face than just length. and you can't really tell us what matters and what doesn't cause we all have deficits in one area and strengths in another

cheekbones are a weakness for me, so I've given them more attention than, say, the chin

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »
Cheekbones are important to attractiveness just like any other component of the face. Not essential cause you can lack cheekbones and overcompensate in other features, but there's more to a face than just length. and you can't really tell us what matters and what doesn't cause we all have deficits in one area and strengths in another

cheekbones are a weakness for me, so I've given them more attention than, say, the chin

We need a jaw surgery singles evening so all the class 2s can hook up with class 3s and rid the next generation of both chinless wonders, flat-cheeked pirhanas and quack orthodontists.

x

• Private
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
We need a jaw surgery singles evening so all the class 2s can hook up with class 3s and rid the next generation of both chinless wonders, flat-cheeked pirhanas and quack orthodontists.
or they all end up with our worst features lolol

"i inherit my piranha jaw from my father and gummy smile from my mother  :D"

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 05:07:22 PM »
or they all end up with our worst features lolol

"i inherit my piranha jaw from my father and gummy smile from my mother  :D"

It's the risk you have to take.  But then they might be so ugly they don't get to reproduce.  Or their bites would be so bad they might starve or suffocate in their sleep.  Natural selection

Incidentally, why has natural selection allowed so many humans to have messed up jaws?  All my dogs have perfect gnashers. Only really inbred dogs have underbites.

x

• Private
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
Incidentally, why has natural selection allowed so many humans to have messed up jaws?  All my dogs have perfect gnashers. Only really inbred dogs have underbites.
according to Weston Price it's the result of western diet / lifestyle

not sure I buy any of that

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »
according to Weston Price it's the result of western diet / lifestyle

not sure I buy any of that

I don't think it's diet per se but I do have a hunch that the neolithic revolution weakened our genome a bit via various mechanisms (which I'm not going to expand cos it's just my personal theories and probably total bollocks etc.)   But to imply that we were some kind of super-humans with perfect teeth, faces, health etc in the pre-agricultural period is clearly an exaggeration.  And that's coming from someone who's been on the paleo diet for years.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
I don't think it's diet per se but I do have a hunch that the neolithic revolution weakened our genome a bit via various mechanisms (which I'm not going to expand cos it's just my personal theories and probably total bollocks etc.)   But to imply that we were some kind of super-humans with perfect teeth, faces, health etc in the pre-agricultural period is clearly an exaggeration.  And that's coming from someone who's been on the paleo diet for years.

yo what do you eat on a typical day, i wanna know what strict paleo people eat in a day? are you strict (i.e. no rice, yogourt, beans/legumes, etc)?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 02:12:23 AM »
I have an underbite, yet everyone says I look like my father.  He has flat cheekbones, but a correct bite.  My mother and her father have an underbite, but big cheekbones (especially my mother).  So I got my father's flat cheekbones and my mother's large lower jaw. Joy.

I am really worried about looking like a chimp after Le Fort 1.  The surgeon said he'll "cut higher to fill out the midface"...   And if he moves back my lower jaw (my only masculine feature)... Doubts are creeping in.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »
Plosko.....who is your surgeon?

falcao

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 06:17:46 AM »
Euphoria is right. Cheek concavity, as he calls it, or at least flatness, I would say, is essential for any man who aspires to look good. And by this I don't even mean S curves, prominent cheekbones or anything in that sense. I just mean flatness or even hollowness (concavity) in that area defined by the two points up from your zygomatic/orbital complex down to your paranasal area. And for that you need good cheekbones/orbital complex, good maxilla and little to no fat. I dare you find any man who looks good and who does not have that concavity or at least flatness. Good looking men - they may not have an S curve, but they will be at least flat between those two points. And the opposite is always true. The opposite cases are almost always accompanied by excess soft tissue - fat, skin, even muscle... (so you have under-eye hollows and nalsolabial folds typical of ageing or of faces in fat people), malar-orbital and paranasal deficiencies. Solutions - augmenting the zygomatic/orbital and paranasal areas or taking away any fat in between. Some doctors venture to do micro-liposuction there, although apparently it's risky as it can lead to skin ptosis. But I know some of them that do it. It can work on some younger patients with good skin elasticity and you may find yourself with good prominent cheekbones even though you did not have any implants or osteotomies in the malar area. You simply removed the fat, a process that chiseled your face. Even a little can make a difference, where indicated (not always). You may even get the S curve. Do not confuse this with buccal fat - it's a completely different fat compartment in the face. That's why buccal fat removal doesn't work. People expect to have a model, chiseled face after buccal fat removal and yet it does s**t except in some rare cases where it is a problem to begin with (very rare in non-fat men).

Don't neglect the paranasal area as it is crucial for right support there. You need flatness/concavity in anything in-between these two areas, and you need good bone support/projection in both these points, if you're going to have flatness/concavity. Weak/deficient paranasal area is almost as problematic as weak/deficient malar/orbital area. Why? Because your soft tissue - especially true as it is ageing and descending - does not have enough support. And do not think of your late 50s here, think of a process that starts in your late 20s. This creates the complete opposite of cheek concavity look. My point is, you can have great prominent cheekbones, but if your paranasal area is deficient, you won't have cheek concavity. For a concave curve, you need two good points mathematically, one is not enough.

To sum it up - if you're flat there, you're probably fine - you don't have to do anything at all and stop obsessing as you're probably looking in the wrong direction. If you're concave, you may even have the S curve. But if you're not and you want to look good, you'd better start augmenting or taking away from the right places. Or accept that you'll never look good. Again, I dare you find any example who would prove that I'm wrong. Whenever I see an ugly male face, it's always either a very weak jaw, a very long mid-face (philtrum especially) or the opposite of cheek concavity. Most often the last one.

falcao

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 06:44:07 AM »
Talking about cheek concavity - I find Marco Mengoni's transformation interesting. Look at this
http://www.clandestinoweb.com/wp-content/uploads/mengoni-grasso-2.jpg

Now he has one of the best facial bone structures I've seen in a man. In the past, you could have said that he had the complete opposite of cheek concavity. His cheekbones - although they are perfect now, looked non-existent before. He has a beautiful S curve now, he had none in the past. Solution? apparently, he did not have any surgeries at all. All he did is loose fat. Even if you're not fat at all, do not underestimate the effect of excess soft tissue there, which you may have genetically.