Author Topic: Is a 1mm genioplasty worth it?  (Read 1854 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Is a 1mm genioplasty worth it?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 12:44:01 PM »
yes im "that" guy unfortunately. Btw "CONFUSION GENERATOR" was really funny because its true ;D
But im afraid that i did not understand your answer correctly. You say it will decrease my lip to chin ratio, which is good, but is a 2mm vertical movement enough to fix my short chin to make it aesthetic. And should my chin meet the line i draw on the morph or is it good as it is? Im again trying to understand uncertain things, i know, but i cant help.

i dont remember the exact movements but im getting 2mm LF1 and 6-8mm BSSO, and 1 degree CCW iirc

yes as kavan said "....the 1mm he was worried about 'not being enough' was with the sole goal of just ADVANCEMENT whereas the 1mm is NOT toward that goal. It's toward the goal of providing a MODEST increase in chin length where the chin is to be moved in a DIAGONALLY DOWNWARD direction."
Problem i see with this is that f.e. i cant close my lips after too much vertical genio, maybe there are more risks etc.

I did NOT say it would decrease your chin to lip 'RATIO'. I said it would increase the OVERLY ACUTE GROOVE between the chin and lower lip (labial mental fold). Sorry, but I can't compensate for lack of capacity to understand explanations and here, it looks like I'd need to compensate for your lack of reading comprehension as to what I said. So, I shall leave my explanations to those who would be in the capacity to figure out that 'overly acute' , used to describe a GROOVE between the lower lip and chin would refer to a sharp angle found between the two. Also, SHORT CHIN, would also stand to be improved by a modest diagonally downward genio and enough so to avoid the chin looking 'too long' or 'pointy'.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.