Author Topic: My case (with Alfaro's simulation)  (Read 1176 times)

eglantine

My case (with Alfaro's simulation)
« on: June 06, 2021, 11:03:14 PM »
Hi everyone !
I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me feedbacks on my case. I've attached some simulation I made as well as one made by dr Alfaro.

On top of correcting my protrusion, I want to get my face shorter. It is the space between my lower lip and chin that I think is too big (I made a simulation on that on face.png). On the picture  mywish.png, I've tried to show how I would like to change the inclination of my jaws (bringing the line of my jaw closer to the green line).

Dr Alfaro (whose simulation includes a rhinoplasty plans to bring up slightly the upper jaw, and if needed reducing the chin. He confirmed that it would make the space between my nose and upper lip shorter. (When I told him that it is the space between my lower lip and chin that I wish to shorten, he said that it is feasible and he could fo it.)

I would very much appreciate your opinion on my case and which surgery you believe would be appropriate for me!

PloskoPlus

Re: My case (with Alfaro's simulation)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 11:20:29 PM »
In the first one the nose is not on the same level, so it's not a fair comparison.
You look good as you are. You won't look any better after surgery, just different. In your case it's not worth it.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 12:20:29 AM »
The first (full frontal face) is definitely an illegal morph move meaning you've (or did he?) did something that can't be done in surgery. What was done in that morph was to use the grab tool to grab the face mid point of nose and shift the rest of the  face below that upwwards to shorten. That can't be done via surgery. So, you shortened you face RIGHT THROUGH the NOSE and CHEEKS like removed an entire cross section of face with that morph. Can't be done via surgery.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 07:24:00 AM »
It's hard to judge whether this would even be an improvement without your eyes in the photo since you don't have an obvious deformity (you could just blot them out which still obscures identity pretty well).  The ratios between the hairline/eyes/nose/lips/chin are more important than any of these in isolation.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 02:17:48 PM »
It's hard to judge whether this would even be an improvement without your eyes in the photo since you don't have an obvious deformity (you could just blot them out which still obscures identity pretty well).  The ratios between the hairline/eyes/nose/lips/chin are more important than any of these in isolation.

There is no improvement to be had based on a morph that removes an entire cross section of the face right through the nose and cheeks to lift the rest of the face upwards because there is no surgery that will do what was done in the morph. You see that white bar below her chin...well that's the extent of the cross section she moved from the upper face through the nose and cheeks to shorten her face.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 02:24:39 PM »
So, you shortened you face RIGHT THROUGH the NOSE and CHEEKS like removed an entire cross section of face with that morph. Can't be done via surgery.

AAAH MAYBE ONE DAY!

@Lazlo
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 09:33:09 PM »
yeah this is Alfaro's simulation? I'd be pretty curious how he means to achieve this.