Author Topic: I have 20k to spend/cheapest country?  (Read 1452 times)

johnnyg12

I have 20k to spend/cheapest country?
« on: June 23, 2021, 04:23:10 PM »
Who I could get double jaw surgery for 20k that’s reputable? I live in the states and getting it here is not happening. I was thinking about India Dr Richardson. Or another dr in India maybe someone knows his name but I can’t remember it but he’s very reputable and has done thousands of these surgeries.

Who is planning to travel abroad for surgery? This is for cosmetic reasons for me so insurance is a no go. Can anyone share some intel?

InvisalignOnly

Re: I have 20k to spend/cheapest country?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 03:23:15 AM »
I already explained somewhere on this forum why I don't think that Richardson is a good idea. If you're interested, you can find that previous discussion using the search function.

LeFort 3000

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 03:18:00 PM »
dont gamble on your health.

johnnyg12

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 05:11:12 PM »
dont gamble on your health.
The price of jaw surgery in the US is ridiculous. It’s not going to ascend me into a model. I couldn’t justify taking a loan just to pay off jaw surgery. The doctors in India have a ton of experience

LeFort 3000

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 05:35:50 PM »
do what you want. but dont expect jaw surgery to be a drive-in takeaway procedure. Lots of things can go wrong

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 06:54:49 PM »
The price of jaw surgery in the US is ridiculous. It’s not going to ascend me into a model. I couldn’t justify taking a loan just to pay off jaw surgery. The doctors in India have a ton of experience
Self pay hospital should be significantly cheaper.  The outrageous hospital costs are courtesy of insurance.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 07:09:42 PM »
No idea which surgeon is good. But what about surgery in Turkey? They have a lot of maxfax and reconstructive experience because they fixed up soldiers in the Iraq war. https://en.bookimed.com/clinics/country=turkey/procedure=orthognathic-surgery/
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 08:49:58 PM »

Ridiculous is subjective, one might say it's ridiculous that you want to fly from the USA to India to have jaw surgery, particularly considering what's going on in India in terms of the pandemic. The Richardson guy has a ton of experience with marketing himself, that's for sure. I think Kavan gave you a good tip, if you're really determined to have jaw surgery on the cheap on another continent, you should try Turkey.