Author Topic: HA paste for cleft chin?  (Read 1734 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
HA paste for cleft chin?
« on: August 12, 2013, 07:28:28 AM »
Could HA paste be used reliably and safely to fix a slight cleft chin, without making the overall chin larger? It's not something that bothers me as it can't even be seen except for in certain lighting, but if it could be done I reckon I'd opt for it.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

overbiter

Re: HA paste for cleft chin?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 10:38:55 AM »
I'm sceptical about the long term safety of HA paste, but it could work I suppose. Have you got a large chin and recessed jaw? Unusual combo, most people with weak jaws have weak chins as well.

I wouldn't worry about the cleft if I were you. I believe some women actually like them. Some people think it makes a man look distinguished. They are ugly on women though.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »
Well like, it literally can't be seen. Only if you touch it can you feel it, or if there is just the right lighting there will be a slight shadow. It's just one of those minor things I'm curious about.

To be honest I think your concern about HA paste is unfounded. How could it possibly be "unsafe"??

And umm, my chin is pretty normal I'd say. It's just my jaw that is too far back.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

overbiter

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 12:06:38 PM »
My point is that we don't know the long term effects HA paste has on bones. Maybe it is safe, but why use it if you don't have to? That is my thinking. I just think it is unnecessarily overused. If there is a medical reason to use it, for example hip replacement, go ahead and use it. If you're just talking about filling in tiny dimples on your chin when they don't even bother you that much, that doesn't make sense to me. I have a small cleft, it doesn't bother me, but it's your face do what you like.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
That's fair enough, I can perfectly understand why you'd want to take that approach. I must just be more of a risk taker. Let's hope you're wrong though!  ;D