Author Topic: I'm Stuck - Advice Needed  (Read 6258 times)

Breakingbad

• Private
Re: I'm Stuck - Advice Needed
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2022, 10:38:38 PM »
When I say 'retrocline', I'm meaning the opposite of procline. Proclined teeth (gums too) are tilted diagonally outward (toward the lips) relative to a straight line vertical. The opposite of that; retroclined teeth (and gums too) are tilted diagonally inward (toward the roof of mouth).

Glad to hear they answered the proposed questions.

The distinction between proclining and retroclining is clear to me. What I’ve had trouble understanding from the start is how “aligning straight down” differs from either of these.

Does “aligning straight down” just mean retracting the teeth while taking care to neither procline or retrocline them in the process, that is, taking care to not change the inclination of the teeth themselves in the process of retroclining?

Would you please confirm?

I’m not certain this distinction is important at this particular moment, but I’m sure it will be at some point.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2022, 11:32:20 PM »
The distinction between proclining and retroclining is clear to me. What I’ve had trouble understanding from the start is how “aligning straight down” differs from either of these.

Does “aligning straight down” just mean retracting the teeth while taking care to neither procline or retrocline them in the process, that is, taking care to not change the inclination of the teeth themselves in the process of retroclining?

Would you please confirm?

I’m not certain this distinction is important at this particular moment, but I’m sure it will be at some point.

I would describe aligning straight down as parallel to the vertical vector of gravity.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Breakingbad

• Private
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2022, 10:04:32 PM »
Update: After an in-clinic sleep study, I've been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. Just goes to show how unreliable at-home sleep studies are. Anyway, this development doesn't shock me in the slightest.