General Category > Emotional Support

Nerve damage is really draining

(1/1)

Schrödingers Jaw:
I got infraorbital nerve damage making the associated area of my face numb and tingling. It's particularly bad on my left upper lip which is in a constant state of discomfort which gets significantly worse at the onset of any stimuli whatsoever. It is frankly very draining mentally, it makes me want to refrain from speaking, eating, kissing and the like to lessen the discomfort. Of course the outlook for effective treatment is bleak to say the least. I got all this from surgery (infraorbital implants) that supposedly had very little of such complications associated with it, but that's just my luck.

I wish it wasn't so hard to get used to, I've had it for years and I still have many times when I frankly can't stand it. I'm not sure what I'm hoping to learn by posting this here. I had to vent I suppose.

How can there be no effective treatment for s**t like this?

mindwitch:
Are u on painkillers

boyo:
Schrödingers Jaw did you remove the infraorbital implant? What exactly made it unsatisfying?

Schrödingers Jaw:

--- Quote from: boyo on September 20, 2022, 06:09:16 PM ---Schrödingers Jaw did you remove the infraorbital implant? What exactly made it unsatisfying?

--- End quote ---

Well, it's one thing planning out implants and another to feel them under your skin. They are somewhat visible and will get more so as I age. Frankly I'd lik to just get them out and forget the whole episode but I'm worried my nerves might take a further hit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version