General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Removing Hardware

(1/3) > >>

GJ:
Hey guys, those of you who have had hardware removed (chin + both lower jaw plates), did you notice any issues?

Any negative effects in terms of looks or function from plate removal?

And does anyone know if plates in any way prevent relapse?

Gadwins:
I had hardware removal in my chin and it had no negative effects in the long term, beside the usual discomfort after a surgery.

My surgeon said, that sometimes if you remove  plates, that afterward the muscle can slide better over your bone.

As far as I know, that all the relapse are due to tooth movements and not due to the bone movement. So if your orthodontic moved too much your teeth, then your teeth will more likely move back.

GJ:

--- Quote from: Gadwins on March 11, 2022, 08:05:14 AM ---I had hardware removal in my chin and it had no negative effects in the long term, beside the usual discomfort after a surgery.

My surgeon said, that sometimes if you remove  plates, that afterward the muscle can slide better over your bone.

As far as I know, that all the relapse are due to tooth movements and not due to the bone movement. So if your orthodontic moved too much your teeth, then your teeth will more likely move back.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Why did you have yours removed? Did you notice any improvement after?

Gadwins:
It was necessary, because it was made of steel and not titan.

It is difficult to say if there is any improvent, because it's still worse than before the surgery.

Lestat:

--- Quote from: Gadwins on March 13, 2022, 01:22:39 PM ---It was necessary, because it was made of steel and not titan.

It is difficult to say if there is any improvent, because it's still worse than before the surgery.

--- End quote ---

Whats wrong with steel?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version