Author Topic: Advice and questions on aesthetic jaw surgery and plastic surgery  (Read 1196 times)

etale_cohomology

Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice on jaw surgery and plastic surgery. I am interested in improving my aesthetics to a significant degree. I am primarily concerned with the lack of sharp jaw angles and the lack of lower third height of my face. My smile is okay but my upper lip covers the top part of my front two incisors. I also believe that my nose and specifically nostrils are too large for my face. I am also concerned with the lack of defined cheekbones and my canthal tilt which is slightly negative. I believe I have slight biretrusion and certain skeletal characteristic of short face syndrome in that my chin and lower third are quite short and my jaw is recessed. I think I have a short ramus but I am not 100% sure. My other concern is that my skull outline is very round and not defined. My temples are narrow as well.

What would surgeries should I pursue to achieve my goals of fixing the aforementioned perceived problems? I am not knowledge enough on plastic surgery as I do not know if my goals are realistic. I have read a post here from kavan regarding that the male model look is not something that should be sought after as it requires a certain internal orbit structure and certain relationships between the eye length and face that cannot be obtained with surgery. I am not necessarily pursuing that look but I am inspired by it. Nonetheless I want to know how much can be done with my starting point both what can be achieved and to what extent. If it is not possible I would like to know as well so I can readjust my goals or even stop pursuing surgery.

I do not currently have CT scans but I am planning on getting them and planning on consulting with surgeons. However, I want to hear peoples opinions on here first. 

https://imgur.com/a/ODsP6bi

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Advice and questions on aesthetic jaw surgery and plastic surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 02:59:16 PM »
We need to see scans or at least x-rays before commenting.

In genera, clockwise movement will lengthen the face as you desire. You could also maybe get away with just rotating the chin, rather than the jaws, clockwise. Moving the chin forward a bit and down. But it's hard to say without any records.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

etale_cohomology

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 03:18:56 PM »
We need to see scans or at least x-rays before commenting.

In genera, clockwise movement will lengthen the face as you desire. You could also maybe get away with just rotating the chin, rather than the jaws, clockwise. Moving the chin forward a bit and down. But it's hard to say without any records.

Thanks for the response. As I said I am working on obtaining scans and should have them soon. In any case would you agree with the aesthetic problems that I have identified?

Additionally is clockwise movement the only way to lengthen the face? Is it possible to lengthen the ramus and bring the lower third downward?

crosshold

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 07:02:33 AM »
your ramus position is not the issue. it would look weird if that was pulled down further

etale_cohomology

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 04:14:59 PM »
your ramus position is not the issue. it would look weird if that was pulled down further

Can you elaborate on that? Is it just the lower third then?

eastcoastian1

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 05:52:04 PM »
You don’t look recessed man. I’m guessing your lower incisors are flaring out causing the deep labiomental fold. I think your issues could be fixed with orthodontics. You would see very little benefit from surgery, at least that’s my guess.