Author Topic: More Surgery?  (Read 38847 times)

tdawg

• Private
Re: More Surgery?
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
People with long-face syndrome specifically do often seem to have other problems like underdeveloped foreheads, narrow temples etc... I think there's often an abormal growth pattern that effects the entire facial structure, not just the jaws.

Can you provide an example of an underdeveloped forehead and narrow temples? I think some of the confusion if because some people naturally have dolichofacial features as a result of their genes, and they look fine. Not every man is going to have a square 90 degree angle jawline. And if you try to force that on somebody who has a natural dolichofacial pattern(no growth disturbance) it would probably look terrible, even if it is "correct"

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
Does anyone think this underdevelopment of facial structure can be improved by using growth hormones? I know people will say that is dangerous, but to me surgery seems just as dangerous. I've heard hormones can make the facial bones (cheeks, forehead and jaws) thicken and widen. A lot of professional sports people use them, I think they are prevalent in baseball for instance. Not to mention bodybuilders, hollywood actors etc. If they can use these drugs why can't we?

Just look at Giambi and McGuire. Their facial structure changed. Of course you could always end up like Bonds and have the biggest head in existence. Another thing to consider besides the health risk and unpredictable results is the fact that it is illegal except for medical purposes.

Honestly I think it would be a terrible idea.

Eroica

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
Can you provide an example of an underdeveloped forehead and narrow temples? I think some of the confusion if because some people naturally have dolichofacial features as a result of their genes, and they look fine. Not every man is going to have a square 90 degree angle jawline. And if you try to force that on somebody who has a natural dolichofacial pattern(no growth disturbance) it would probably look terrible, even if it is "correct"

I absolutely agree, but abnormally narrow or receding foreheads/temples are usually found on people with either long-face syndrome or severe open bites in my experience. This guy is a good example.

http://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0889540610010012-gr1.jpg

Here is a severe example from an individual with syndromal jaw issues.

http://www.drclauser.com/media/immagini/pix/Nuovi%20casi/Immagine1weswqe.jpg

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:20 PM »
That's the most disgusting set of teeth I've ever seen.  Bad parenting? 

jawless

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »
Just look at Giambi and McGuire. Their facial structure changed. Of course you could always end up like Bonds and have the biggest head in existence. Another thing to consider besides the health risk and unpredictable results is the fact that it is illegal except for medical purposes.

Honestly I think it would be a terrible idea.

I need a bigger head, that's the whole point. My head is too small right now. I think if I had jaw surgery and took hormones I could maybe achieve that look. I know of no other way to grow your head than doing this. I'm dying from being a nerd right now, so what have I got to lose.

Eroica

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »
That's the most disgusting set of teeth I've ever seen.  Bad parenting? 

He actually has amelogenesis imperfecta, basically a genetic disorder of the enamel.

jawless

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »
I've wondered the same thing, and I think the answer is yes -- growth hormones would probably make the facial bones more robust but definitely wouldn't be an alternative to jaw surgery (which is needed to lengthen and reposition bones). I've been wanting to try growth hormones to improve my facial features and make them more masculine. It also seems that the rest of the bones in my body are underdeveloped in width, and growth hormones would probably improve that. I suspect there is a significant link between bone development in the face and bone development throughout the body. People with underdeveloped jaws and faces probably have thinner bones everywhere else.

I've been thinking along these lines for a while now. Getting jaw surgery then taking hgh for a few years, and combining this with some serious work out routines. I'm not sure whether it's possible to go from complete geek to badass by doing this, but I can't live the rest of my life never knowing.

I don't understand why people are so anti-drugs on this forum. Every muscle guy actor who ever worked in hollywood took drugs. Schwarzenegger, Stallone they all made millions doing this. I'm not a meathead who wants to blow up his body to be in the movies I just want to look and feel normal.

jawless

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
He actually has amelogenesis imperfecta, basically a genetic disorder of the enamel.

His teeth look like the toenails of weird old tramp or something. It's quite grotesque.

Jack

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »
I've been thinking along these lines for a while now. Getting jaw surgery then taking hgh for a few years, and combining this with some serious work out routines. I'm not sure whether it's possible to go from complete geek to badass by doing this, but I can't live the rest of my life never knowing.

I don't understand why people are so anti-drugs on this forum. Every muscle guy actor who ever worked in hollywood took drugs. Schwarzenegger, Stallone they all made millions doing this. I'm not a meathead who wants to blow up his body to be in the movies I just want to look and feel normal.

I support you in your ambitions. But I wouldn't jump on the HGH bandwagon right now. HGH is also released when you do heavy lifting. The first thing I'd suggest is get the "WESTSIDE BARBELL ROUTINE" and start powerlifting religiously. Build some serious mass then think of drugs a year or two down the line. Cause if you're young and you take HGH and then stop it may suppress your body's own ability to do so. Also start a serious yoga routine(like every morning) Eat high quality protein (eggs, fish, beef, etc.). Build a foundation before you start using drugs. Get your jaw surgery, then assess whether you think the HGH will help build your facial bone structure. By the way, where are you getting all this stuff that HGH will build your facial bones. Do you have any evidence?

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
Hgh idea seems like too little too late for your head :)

But drinking milk/ protein working out etc will naturally increase it...maybe prevent further issues since your bones do change over time

Jack

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »
I basically want the jawline and cheekbones of this guy. Do you think HA paste or an osteotomy of that area could produce such a cheekbone contour if you're deficient?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eroica

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »
I've looked at the forum but never posted. I actually found it looking for stuff on Arnett/Gunson, some of their patients pics were posted there.

And yeah, alot of them talk about s**t like that.

Sharptoys

• Private
    • The Eric Reyes Law Firm
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
I feel sorry for anyone who regularly uses that forum because it's frankly depressing and will fill your mind with falsehoods.
I hate to ask you this, but which part?

I'm not entirely sure about the nature of PUA (I don't watch MTV), but would you disagree with the assertion that at a certain point (aesthetically speaking) acceptance by members of the opposite sex becomes significantly more difficult?

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »
Thanks.  See you sooner than that I'm sure.

Antbee

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
Jack why are you bothering to actually TELL us you're 'leaving'? It's weird. Odd that you need to draw attention to your imminent absence – and with a parting insult. Lovely. Also great to know you expect support from this forum when it'll suit you.