Author Topic: More Surgery?  (Read 38786 times)

neferkitti

• Private
Re: More Surgery?
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
Well guys, these discussions are becoming a little too pointless for my taste. I'm going to take a break from this forum till I actually have my consultation with Arnett and Gunson. I'll probably log back in and ask you guys what I should ask them and stuff.

Please don't go, Jack. I find your posts, so, well, entertaining   :D.

Seriously.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
Yeah chemical imbalances are entertaining.  Im sure he's at least lurking :)

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
Is there a correlation between jaw deformities and neuroses

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2012, 01:25:21 PM »
Im sure he's at least lurking :)

Can almost guarantee that he is.

Hi Jack ;D.

Heavyweight

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2012, 11:56:08 PM »
Sharptoys - Oh, I certainly believe physical appearances can hold you back in the world of dating and relationships, no doubt. But these guys go way overboard. Typical posts on puahate include statements such as "If you have a long midface, you're screwed. You'll never get a girlfriend". They just don't live in the real world. The pictures of guys they love to post as examples of "losers" who will be "lifelong virgins" often look just like guys I see IRL who are dating or married to beautiful women and are happy and succesful.

From what I've seen, men's success in dating is strongly correlated with their facial attractiveness. I don't know any attractive men who struggle to find girlfriends while I know quite a few ugly guys who have never dated. Now, I don't believe a guy has to be good looking to get a girlfriend -- I just believe he can't be very ugly. Men in the bottom 5% or so of attractiveness are pretty much shut out of the dating market. I think a lot of men are waking up to this, which is one of the reasons we are seeing so many more men getting facial surgery. I know a popular plastic surgery forum where several guys are going through exactly what I'm describing, and I also know of a 22-year-old guy on JSB who had jaw surgery to fix his severe overbite and got his first  girlfriend just three months after surgery.  So I don't think it's extreme to say that for a small proportion of men, looks are holding them back from entering the dating world. Surgery is really the only hope for some of them.