Author Topic: Consult with Dr. Zarrinbal coming up  (Read 8349 times)

yamahatrophy

Re: Consult with Dr. Zarrinbal coming up
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »
Well, ya. That's one way of putting it. I just wanted to confirm that the OP was ideal type for it.

Thanks for your input, kavan. I was quite relieved when you said I had good jaw structure as I haven't looked at enough other jaws for reference.

Unfortunately, the actual aesthetic of my jaw is quite underwhelming. I'm low body fat and can see my abs, despite this my mandible has all the soft tissue bunching up around it because of the lack of projection. I'm hoping the chin wing will help tighten the area and stretch the soft tissue with the advancement. It should also help with lip closure.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 10:02:35 AM »
Thanks for your input, kavan. I was quite relieved when you said I had good jaw structure as I haven't looked at enough other jaws for reference.

Unfortunately, the actual aesthetic of my jaw is quite underwhelming. I'm low body fat and can see my abs, despite this my mandible has all the soft tissue bunching up around it because of the lack of projection. I'm hoping the chin wing will help tighten the area and stretch the soft tissue with the advancement. It should also help with lip closure.

Well the reference is what he has to navigate through, cut into which is the bone.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 11:35:31 AM »
Try lipectomy first before messing with your bones (and nerves).

yamahatrophy

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 03:43:39 PM »
Try lipectomy first before messing with your bones (and nerves).

A lipectomy would provide more definition and eliminate the double chin effect, and it's something I initially considered. However, when simulating the procedures in morphs it becomes clear that the major aesthetic benefit comes from the increased projection of the lower third. The tightening of the submental area is a nice bonus that comes with it, but alone it will not be satisfactory. I also want improved lip closure and the functional benefits that come with a CW. So the CW is a no brainer IMO - a perfect compromise between jaw surgery and lipo / chin implant. I'm all for a minimal surgery approach, but in this case the lipo alone will not be sufficient.

Lestat

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 06:47:55 AM »
I saw before and afters of loads of patients who Dr Z has operated on across his spectrum of procedures, including chin wing, rhinoplasty, BSSO / bimax and ZSO. All were very impressive and he has a very good eye for aesthetics. He will give a very natural, harmonious result by default. Some patients have requested more extreme results and he is also happy to comply with that. The ZSO results for men exceeded my expectations after all the flak the procedure has received on various forums (this one included).

Two more questions:

1.) How long after the operation were the photos taken?

The final result of a Zso can be seen at the earliest after six months, as due to the massive invasiveness of the intervention, a residual swelling is still present for a long time.

2.) Were the cheekbones additionally built up with onlays of iliac crest bone to achieve a more effective result?

Two renowned maxillo facial surgeons told me that such onlays would reabsorb over time.
So what is the final answer?

lookism

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 06:31:15 AM »

Luis_McLovin

• 66mm IPD
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2022, 07:50:34 PM »
Did you follow though on this procedure? /curious

downwardgrowth

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2022, 03:04:16 AM »
A low angle patient with wide ramus and good body of mandible and just a small amount of class 2 like you see in his bone photo is ideal patient for Z which is why i told him Z would love him as patient. Although he would still need scan to show exactly where nerve is, he's low risk for nerve damage. High risk are the ones with flimsy jaw bones and high mandibular plane angles.

how does MPA increase risk for nerve damage?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2022, 03:30:44 PM »
how does MPA increase risk for nerve damage?

There is only so much they can ANGLE UP the saw to cut all the way to the back of the jaw without risking nerve injury.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.