Author Topic: Earl's guide to Facial Implants  (Read 40856 times)

x

• Private
Re: Earl's guide to Facial Implants
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
Yikes, he could have looked FAR better had he augmented his laterall upper cheeks, notice in the 3/4 view of the before picture, he used to have that concave dip right around the tip of his nose, that concave is gone in the after, what did he have exactly? just the regular lefor1 or something else?
No he also had a cheekbone osteotomy, probably the same one you posted above

we get more into this subject here: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,833.0.html

geijutsu

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
wow, poor guy, could have ended with far better results.

weakjaebrah, do not do that sandwich osteotomy, if you're looking for a way to enhance your cheeks, focus on the upper laterall portion, this is far more masculine.

edit: look at that, we both practically said the same thing about the lower cheek concavity ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:01:41 PM by geijutsu »

geijutsu

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »
Not not really, obviously he looks far better than the before, but his results are subpar, he could have looked even better if he didn't have the sandwich thing and opted for malar implants.

geijutsu

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »
I don't know man, I think it's the opposite. With the concavity it's indicative of strong bone structure (unless you're like that patient we keep posting), and the soft tissue basically drapes over it and gets pulled to an ideal tightness. Most guys with that type of bone structure seem to age marvelously, while those of us with too much soft tissue and too little bone projection get screwed

Tell me about it, these are the guys who "get better with age", their angularity accentuates with aging with the loss of baby fat.

geijutsu

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 03:01:21 PM »
Can you post an example of what you like? I think there's some misscomunication.

geijutsu

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »

That's what me and euphoria mean, very projected upper cheeks with an indentation between the highest point of the cheek and the mandible, creating in S curve, if you already had a flat cheek and an S curve then yes that  could be an unattractive feature, but with a good amount of highlight in the upper cheeks, whith shadows below them, you;d have the angularity that we're talking about, every good looking guy has that.

x

• Private
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »

That's what me and euphoria mean, very projected upper cheeks with an indentation between the highest point of the cheek and the mandible, creating in S curve, if you already had a flat cheek and an S curve then yes that  could be an unattractive feature, but with a good amount of highlight in the upper cheeks, whith shadows below them, you;d have the angularity that we're talking about, every good looking guy has that.
for sure, you can look pretty good without any of that but to look really good you have to start having that awesome bone structure. It's pretty uncommon even for class I's though

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »

So frankly I concur with you Geijitsu, this example --the architecture of the S curve you point out is indeed present in almost every good looking guy --I mean other things count too, spacing of the eyes, shape of lips, size of nose, skin hair quality etc. but as far as facial bone structure is concerned I think you're right. Again, not that most of us can aspire to have it, but I think it's on some level the ideal.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 12:54:29 AM »
With that one surfer guy everyone has been posting I thought it wasn't even confirmed whether he had a zygomatic osteotomy or not. In the last thread people were discussing how they thought his loss of S-whatever you call it was due to advancing the maxilla from a lefort, and that there weren't any signs of having had any malar osteotomies done.

Regarding the hollowing out underneath the orbital rim, surely that could be smoothed out with either filler or HA paste. It sounds like a stupidly simple solution to this, though I can't see why it wouldn't work.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

geijutsu

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 11:37:19 AM »
I honestly think that she probably did have something done to her cheek, can't say what for sure until I see a video of her with animation, but yes her bone structure is immaculate to begin with, but keep in mind, with age bone resorption starts to take place after mid to late 40s, so she probaby does need some surgical help for maintainance sake.

edit: Soft tissue alteration does exist but it's incredibly tricky and a b*tch to work with, stuff like facial liposuction or lipodissolve exist for leaner face but tend to come with many drawbacks, and the results can be unpredicatble even in the hands of the most skilled plastic surgeon.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
I honestly think that she probably did have something done to her cheek, can't say what for sure until I see a video of her with animation, but yes her bone structure is immaculate to begin with, but keep in mind, with age bone resorption starts to take place after mid to late 40s, so she probaby does need some surgical help for maintainance sake.

but is that the result of fillers or implants? I can't tell. i saw a youtube video of her, seemed pretty normal in animation.

geijutsu

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 11:50:44 AM »
You know what, now that I saw some videos of her, I don't think she's done anything to her cheeks.

geijutsu

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Here is a picture of her in her youth, even though her cheek are prominant here, they're not as ridiculously projected as her recent pictures, but this could be attributed to the loss of fat eccentuating her already prominant cheekbones, either that or she's in the hand of a really talented surgen:

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Yes her bone structure is phenomenal and especially for her age but she has admitted to having cosmetic procedures to maintain her looks, I'm not sure what those entail.
To me it looks like something has been done to her cheeks now, perhaps just carefully, sparsely applied filler?

Dear lord I can't stand Madonnas cheek implants, they're far to big and round for her face but I'm sure most surgeons would say she looks "healthy" now phfft...

Perhaps her main goal was to look younger when she got the cheek implants so angles and contours may not have even been discussed in her consultations. Also being so well known she might not have wanted to do something that could potentially drastically change the shape of her face.

I've said it before but the cheekbones Sailer gave to the red haired lady shown on his website are the closest I have seen to achieving modelesque cheek bones by artificial means. Aparently the lyophilized cartilage he uses transforms partly into the patients own bone which I find hard to believe.
Interestingly, it seems Mommaerts and two other surgeons used lyophilized cartilage to transform someones face into Micheal Jackson at his request. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11534446

RE using bone for augmentation, someone asked this on realsef and the doctors said it could be done but questioned why when there are implants made of silicone, (I would have thought the obvious answer to this is because they look like implants made of silicone!) I think they also said that a large amount of the bone graft would be absorbed.
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 12:15:15 PM »
Here is a picture of her in her youth, even though her cheek are prominant here, they're not as ridiculously projected as her recent pictures, but this could be attributed to the loss of fat eccentuating her already prominant cheekbones, either that or she's in the hand of a really talented surgen:

i'm sorry but i'm just in awe of that kind of bone structure on men or women. i must have it! the jaw i can see being done with really good bsso and genioplasty. i just don't know yet how to accomplish the cheekbones(i'm a guy by the way). the quad lefort II seem the only option so far or some kind of orbital rim osteotomy. note that ALL these good looking people right under their eyelid you begin moving outward, not sunken in like i have now.