Author Topic: Is lefort III with ASO possible?  (Read 614 times)

downwardgrowth

Is lefort III with ASO possible?
« on: December 26, 2022, 07:30:06 PM »
title.

due to my issues being:

bimax protrusion, class III skeletally, significant midface hypoplasia, narrow palate (not to the degree of crowding), significant downward growth, retruded chin, steep mandibular plane with flat occlusal plane angle, im not sure the traditional bimax with ccw surgeon can treat me. I had to shave my beard tpday. and I forgot how bad I looked. I have no chin, and no facial bone/angularity, despite being normal weight, not even overweight. I look like the rapper Spottem Gottem, except more downward grown, if you want to google that.

I would need lefort 3, or at least a quandrangular lefort 2 with implants to fix my midace, as well as segmental lefort 1 and genio and ASO and BSSO with rotation to fix all my issues and be aesthetically passible. I have linked pictures of my x rays in thread before, and will do it again here.

My question is, does anyone have any surgeon reccommendations who can do all these? I have searched papers on google scholar just trying to contact the few clinics I can find in the US that perform more than the standard LF1 on non syndromic patients. Not to mention they should know ASO, or at the very least a good way to deal with bimax protrusion. Does anyone have any surgeon recommendations for me based on this? I am a case with significant abnormalities, and my face is ruining my self esteem. I look like a 12 year old boy and I need a surgeon who would at least know how to approach a case similar to mine, at most befores and afters I see are on caucasians with no bimax protrusion, whose mandibular plane angles match their occlusal plane angles, so they can get infinite CCW

I am getting planning done next month, but I get the feel the surgeon I have been led to consult with is rather conservative, and will at best offer a lefort 1 with 3 mm of advancement and clockwise rotation and genio just to correct occlusion while ignoring all the problems with my midface and downward growth. SO I fear I will have to seek another surgeon.

I am already planning to consult Raffaini, Wolford, the office of Eugen Keller, who wrote papers on intra oral quandrangular lefort II. Who else should someone in such a unique position as me consult?

https://imgur.com/a/v9NfvTB