Author Topic: Tips on choosing the right form of surgery  (Read 2170 times)

TWGOAT

Re: Tips on choosing the right form of surgery
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2023, 06:54:49 PM »
He's not gonna get dogmaxxed from CCWr + Genio lol

his midface is already behind, what do you think happens when you advance even more lol

Glassjaw

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2023, 05:16:37 PM »
My point was.. symmetrical side view? For me that doesn't make any sense. I mean try to answer the following:
- What aspect of your side profile should have two mirrored parts when divided in half?
I

I meant a less recessed look. If you can't see what i mean from the photos then sorry, can't help you. Please don't waste my time with arguing about linguistic semantics.

his midface is already behind, what do you think happens when you advance even more lol

...it get's advanced?

"Dogmaxxation" is a real risk here, but the risk obviously depends entirely on the surgeon and their style. No alfaro for me thank you.

Glassjaw

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2023, 01:51:02 PM »
As a conclusion, the three people who have given me their opinion on this thread so far had the following takes:

-   Don’t get bimax, don’t get genio
-   Get bimax, also get genio
-   Get midorbital implants and nothing else

I found the last one to be perhaps the weirdest one. I do agree that I probably need to get some work done on this area, but it seems pretty clear that doing that without addressing the backwardness of the jaws at all would make my face appear quite round looking from the sides. Which wouldn't be a great look.

But anyways, it’s nice to see that (presumed) laymen seemingly can’t agree on the issue any more than professionals can.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 11:01:02 AM »
s**t, we have some incel commentary "dogmaxed" here. Bans in order?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Glassjaw

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2023, 12:58:52 PM »
I've been thinking about a chin-wing. Perhaps to have a consultation with Zarrinbal or someone else. I could use a wider lower jaw and my gonial angles could be improved.

However my chin is asymmetric as it is, so I would pretty much definitely need a genio afterwards.

Glassjaw

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2023, 03:21:13 PM »
I just wish there was someone I could turn to who would be competent enough to assess my situation as a whole without trying to sell me something on the side.
If anybody knows a guy like that then PM me about it. I'm willing to pay something for it. I'm done listening to these half-assed takes, whether they come from regular people
or professionals.

Some hot takes:

"Don't get bimax, you will look like a monkey" (said a professional surgeon). "Genio will fix nothing, the problem is your midface" (And so? Am i supposed to just do nothing about the rest of my face?). "Your horizontal lines are fine, no need for any surgery" (Are you blind?) "The problem is that you have thin lips" etc.

The more advice like this i get the more confused i get. It's crystal clear that a bimax, a sliding genio or a chin-wing could ALL improve my looks, but what exactly fits in my case without causing irreversible damage, that is the question. I do not want to do something i will end up regretting for the rest of my life.

Or maybe i just need to accept that there is no definite answer for my question, what exactly is the right procedure depends on the exact methods of the individual surgeon.