General Category > Aesthetics

Tips on choosing the right form of surgery

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tomasjohn:
This does not sound like a strog recommendation:

--- Quote from: Glassjaw on October 10, 2023, 04:13:17 PM ---.Although he also told me that there are always such great risks involved that i should basically be a bit crazy to do it..

--- End quote ---

Ok about the genio.. I just don't see it personally. Maybe you can explain in a few bullet points how it would improve your looks?

ChinaBoy420:
You clearly need bimax, what is your occlusal plane like? Hopefully you can get CCWr.

Glassjaw:

--- Quote from: Tomasjohn on October 16, 2023, 09:12:15 AM ---This does not sound like a strog recommendation:

Ok about the genio.. I just don't see it personally. Maybe you can explain in a few bullet points how it would improve your looks?

--- End quote ---

It isn't a strong recommendation for a BIMAX. But there isn't anything stopping me from having the surgery either, health or structure-wise. He was just saying that in his opinion it's a risky procedure. Apparently 30% of people who undergo it never fully recover neurally and 2% get permanent nerve pain. I get that my problems are quite mild in comparison to some others, and it's impossible to say if the end-result is going to be good anyway, so it's quite a risk to take just for a "possible" reward.

It's crystal clear that a genio COULD improve my looks. It's just very important to do it right. If there is no CCW rotation of the chin then i could end up with the "long face" effect. If there is too much rotation then that doesn't look good either.

- A genio would make my side profile much more symmetric

- It would make me appear more masculine from all sides

- I could finally get rid of the beard (if you see my photos there are a few where i don't have it, and you can see why i keep it in the first place) which i don't myself like at all. I can't grow a thick beard and what i can grow is much lighter and redder than my hair, which makes me look like a "mongrel".

What i'm really considering here is whether i should go with a chin-wing genio or the recular one. I refuse to even consider implants, since i've heard so much bad things about them.

Glassjaw:

--- Quote from: ChinaBoy420 on October 16, 2023, 06:45:44 PM ---You clearly need bimax, what is your occlusal plane like? Hopefully you can get CCWr.

--- End quote ---

Nice to see that it's "clear" at least to someone, since even professionals seem to have completely opposite opinions.

You can see my occlusal plane from the x-ray photos. There is some space for a mild CCW rotation. In my opinion the BIMAX operation (if i decide to have a one) should be a combination of slight CCW rotation and ever so slight advancement. I don't want to end up with a "muzzle", but the risk is real.

That said, there are quite many attractive people who have this strongly prognathic appeareance.

ChinaBoy420:

--- Quote from: Glassjaw on October 16, 2023, 08:04:22 PM ---Nice to see that it's "clear" at least to someone, since even professionals seem to have completely opposite opinions.

You can see my occlusal plane from the x-ray photos. There is some space for a mild CCW rotation. In my opinion the BIMAX operation (if i decide to have a one) should be a combination of slight CCW rotation and ever so slight advancement. I don't want to end up with a "muzzle", but the risk is real.

That said, there are quite many attractive people who have this strongly prognathic appeareance.

--- End quote ---

Make sure you get a genio as well, for like 2mm of vertical lengthening and maybe 4mm of advancement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version