General Category > Aesthetics

Need Advice for Optimizing Face

(1/2) > >>

LCM9001:
I'm looking to leverage surgeries to improve the way that I look.

I'd like to optimize the best that I can the way that I look with the most reliable procedures possible.

I think I'd like to go the route of implants only and a genioplasty for added chin height, however, if certain osteotomies were more likely to give me a substantially better outcome, I'm open to learning more and considering those as well.

I'm not open to anything that would require long-term braces though.  Invisalign is totally fine.  However, I'm 34, so I'm not looking to wear braces.

I know that I obviously need to get a revision rhino (this would be a 4th surgery).  I think that would be best to do after some initial procedure(s) so it fits any changes made to the size and shape of my face.

I'll also do a hair transplant to improve my hairline but would save that for last as it's more of an icing on the cake.

Here is a link to pictures that include my face, an x-ray from an orthodontic appointment and 3D pictures of my skull from a 3D CT Scan I got: https://imgur.com/a/mB8eUPt

If I need to include any other images or information just let me know.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to look and provide advice!

mediumdrinkofwater:
you had three prior rhinoplasty surgeries?

LCM9001:

--- Quote from: mediumdrinkofwater on April 26, 2024, 02:17:05 PM ---you had three prior rhinoplasty surgeries?

--- End quote ---

yes, unfortunately, I shouldn't have touched it after the first one.

Even after my first, which was decent enough, I still didn't feel confident in the way that I looked but this was years ago and never considered getting other surgeries.

I know I'm never going to look like a movie star/model/whatever, that's fine, I'm just taking the approach that I want to optimize what I have.

I think the nose will have to come after any implants since it will need to fit my face.

I've seen some really level headed and considerate responses on this forum so hoping to get some feedback.

GJ:
I think adding a bit of chin height would not be a bad idea. You don't really need it, but I can see why you would want it given you have a short face. The problem is that labio-mental grove is already pretty deep, and it will get deeper, so you need to discuss how that will be handled if you do go that route. Regarding jaw surgery...I mean, no. But I can see someone thinking you need clockwise rotation to lengthen your face. I don't think so, but that's a purely aesthetic/preference thing, and I personally I couldn't see doing surgery for that. Specifically: my concern would be chimp lip, and I also think you'd run into problems regarding the nose. Expect 1-2mm of widening if you move the upper jaw. Given you had so much nose work done already, I'd be super skeptical that would turn out well. I'll email you one more note.

LCM9001:

--- Quote from: GJ on April 28, 2024, 07:34:51 AM ---I think adding a bit of chin height would not be a bad idea. You don't really need it, but I can see why you would want it given you have a short face. The problem is that labio-mental grove is already pretty deep, and it will get deeper, so you need to discuss how that will be handled if you do go that route. Regarding jaw surgery...I mean, no. But I can see someone thinking you need clockwise rotation to lengthen your face. I don't think so, but that's a purely aesthetic/preference thing, and I personally I couldn't see doing surgery for that. Specifically: my concern would be chimp lip, and I also think you'd run into problems regarding the nose. Expect 1-2mm of widening if you move the upper jaw. Given you had so much nose work done already, I'd be super skeptical that would turn out well. I'll email you one more note.

--- End quote ---

I appreciate you taking a look and posting your thoughts.

If I were to get a genio for added height, what would I need to do in order to avoid any issues with the labiomental area?

I've thought about paranasal/midface implant to reduce the nasolabial folds.  Any thoughts on that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version