General Category > Aesthetics

Need Advice for Optimizing Face

<< < (2/2)

kavan:
You have the type of profile that IMO that would benefit from double jaw surgery with clockwise rotation. Maxilla advancement would give better support to the base of your nose which looks collapsed due to lack maxillary support. You have short chin and a low mandibular plane angle. So, double jaw advancement in your case would look better with CW-r. However, you've ruled that out because it is something that requires braces to prepare for.

I'll repeat what I said in another post where person had somewhat similar profile as yours: "Double jaw advancement with clockwise rotation around the ANS point. CW-r around the ANS point will bring PNS up, push the chin point backwards and down. Soft tissue of the lips will go backwards and soft tissue at chin will go backwards and down. So, with the CW-r, it tends to reduce the type of 'stick out' you have with the lips. It also increases your LOW Mandibular plane angle and sets the chin point downwards so it doesn't look so short. CW-r is backwards and down and that is the best rotation to have (in your case) for the double jaw advancement."

In the event you would like to consider/consult about double jaw surgery (which requires time in braces), I'm just giving you a 'heads up' on what the maxfax doc might suggest for improvement. I don't think you have enough BASE OF THE NOSE SUPPORT (maxillary support) to risk another failed rhino and I think your rhino failures may have been attributed to lack of maxillary support in the first place.

LCM9001:

--- Quote from: kavan on April 28, 2024, 07:15:33 PM ---You have the type of profile that IMO that would benefit from double jaw surgery with clockwise rotation. Maxilla advancement would give better support to the base of your nose which looks collapsed due to lack maxillary support. You have short chin and a low mandibular plane angle. So, double jaw advancement in your case would look better with CW-r. However, you've ruled that out because it is something that requires braces to prepare for.

I'll repeat what I said in another post where person had somewhat similar profile as yours: "Double jaw advancement with clockwise rotation around the ANS point. CW-r around the ANS point will bring PNS up, push the chin point backwards and down. Soft tissue of the lips will go backwards and soft tissue at chin will go backwards and down. So, with the CW-r, it tends to reduce the type of 'stick out' you have with the lips. It also increases your LOW Mandibular plane angle and sets the chin point downwards so it doesn't look so short. CW-r is backwards and down and that is the best rotation to have (in your case) for the double jaw advancement."

In the event you would like to consider/consult about double jaw surgery (which requires time in braces), I'm just giving you a 'heads up' on what the maxfax doc might suggest for improvement. I don't think you have enough BASE OF THE NOSE SUPPORT (maxillary support) to risk another failed rhino and I think your rhino failures may have been attributed to lack of maxillary support in the first place.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for the thorough response.

Is there any way to do the jaw surgery I would need, that you suggest, without braces?  Or could it be done with invisalign or a similar solution?  Or if braces were absolutely required, what is the shortest amount of time I could have them?

If not, is there any way to replicate (even if not fully) the aesthetic results I would get from your suggested procedure with implants and/or other alternatives?

kavan:

--- Quote from: LCM9001 on April 29, 2024, 03:53:18 PM ---Thank you very much for the thorough response.

Is there any way to do the jaw surgery I would need, that you suggest, without braces?  Or could it be done with invisalign or a similar solution?  Or if braces were absolutely required, what is the shortest amount of time I could have them?

If not, is there any way to replicate (even if not fully) the aesthetic results I would get from your suggested procedure with implants and/or other alternatives?

--- End quote ---

Braces can take over a year to get the teeth prepared for the jaw displacements in a maxfax surgery. They are needed to 'decompensate' a bite (to UNDO the present bite to prepare for future bite with jaw movements). Only an ortho who works with a surgeon could tell you how long or if invisalign. The nose and it's lack of maxillary support is key problem. Although there are implants that go under the nose base to project out the base of the nose, it doesn't hurt to consult with a maxfax surgeon about rotations along with advancements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version