Author Topic: Opinions on initial surgical plan for little upper tooth show  (Read 291 times)

DV310

Any opinions on initial surgical plan (little upper tooth show being my main concern). Also considering a septorhinoplasty after.

The malocclusion is planned to stay the same.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CvDcqTROs6NgcE08qBPyAm5JqswiyFM1?usp=sharing

DV310

Re: Opinions on initial surgical plan for little upper tooth show
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 08:00:45 AM »
Anyone considering downgrafting of the upper jaw?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Opinions on initial surgical plan for little upper tooth show
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 12:20:13 PM »
Any opinions on initial surgical plan (little upper tooth show being my main concern). Also considering a septorhinoplasty after.

The malocclusion is planned to stay the same.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CvDcqTROs6NgcE08qBPyAm5JqswiyFM1?usp=sharing

Observational Analysis.

You have what is often referred to as 'short chin'. This differs from 'short face'. That is to say the shortness of your lower '1/3rd' isn't because the maxilla is short which is the case in 'short face'. 'Short CHIN' refers to someone with a short/small and recessive mandible and chin.

Personally, I think this is a brilliant proposal on the part of the surgeon and one where you probably WON'T need a rhino afterwards. That's because he advanced the lower jaw (and chin point along with that) to be in good aesthetic balance with the nose. He gave you vertical length to the lower face WHERE you needed it and of course, advancement where you needed it, in particular to some extra chin advancement to aesthetically BALANCE the prominence of the nose in such a way where you would not need to pursue rhino. Like how cool is that? My compliments to the guy who planned out your displacements. You have a nice 'Roman' nose which is well complimented by the lower jaw advancement. IMO, the only question you need to ask him is when you can book surgery.

It looks like he did CCW-r around ANS point with minor to very little advancement of the maxilla, which in turn allowed for a good advancement of the mandible along with somewhat of a 'down and out' genio. Like so what if you didn't get more upper tooth show because it wasn't problem in first place. The problem in the first place was small, short recessive lower jaw and that is what the guy is 'fixing'.

Included with this post is an illustration:
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.