Author Topic: What exactly is "Bimaxillary rotation advancement"?  (Read 42588 times)

joa84

Re: What exactly is "Bimaxillary rotation advancement"?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 04:00:39 AM »
It's true, he's a Dr Frankenstein but madly driven by profit.

You're absolutely right. You'd be shocked if I told you how much he wanted for this surgery! Aside from that don't you think I need an impaction to fix my gummy smile? Or is a CCW enough?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 04:34:32 AM »

You're absolutely right. You'd be shocked if I told you how much he wanted for this surgery! Aside from that don't you think I need an impaction to fix my gummy smile? Or is a CCW enough?

can we ask you what procedures he was offering? just the surgery or other things too: i.e. lyocartilge augmentation (some bone susbtitute he uses and other stuff...) or just the two jaws and genio?

joa84

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 04:52:35 AM »
Only jaws and genio. Does the CCW take care of the gummy smile or is an impaction necessary?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 05:32:32 AM »
Only jaws and genio. Does the CCW take care of the gummy smile or is an impaction necessary?
\

don't know.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 06:36:44 AM »
What the f is lyocartilage anyway?  Didn't someone say it was from cadavers?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 07:39:02 AM »
What the f is lyocartilage anyway?  Didn't someone say it was from cadavers?

yeah it's sterilized freeze tried bone --i guess it integrates with your own blood vessels but doesn't turn exactly into lving bone --but sailer isn't the only one to use it, they all use it to fill in gaps and s**t, either cadaver bone, or ha past with bone grafts etc. etc. you'ld be surprised, i've heard tons of cases where they never even told the patient they were putting all this dead guy's bone in him....they just assume you're okay with it, i could imagine tons of people not being! lol....

anyway, we're 70 years away from being able to synethtically replicate our own bone tissue from small samples. then we can shape our faces any way we want and probably even create new youthful skin!!! anyone will look as beautiful as they want. We'll all look like Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. What a glorious world it will be!

edit: this post was facetious for those that didn't get it....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:17:58 PM by Lazlo »

sanddunes

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »
I think a lot of Sailor's jaw surgeries come out really good actually.  I think his ante face theory is pretty solid.  I don't like his plastic surgery work though for the most part.  His nose jobs tend to be way overdone as do his cheek implants and lip injections.

This is a really good result I think for jaw surgery. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
I think a lot of Sailor's jaw surgeries come out really good actually.  I think his ante face theory is pretty solid.  I don't like his plastic surgery work though for the most part.  His nose jobs tend to be way overdone as do his cheek implants and lip injections.

This is a really good result I think for jaw surgery. 

man it is so tough to say. these guys are all criminals. this wasn't just jaw surgery. there's a nose job here for sure, and i'm fairly certain he did the bimax jaw surgery AND he augmented the jaw angles and cheekbones with the cadaver bone (lyocartilidge whtever). in fact i'd bet a hundred bucks on it. it is disgustingly dishonest for him to label this as just the results of a bi-max jaw surgery. he's such a f**ker.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »
moreover there has been not only a submental lipectomy but a major neck AND FULL FACELIFT here. its pathetic to call this jaw surgery.

sanddunes

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 06:37:23 PM »
How much advancement would you guess this guy had?  I would think it could be 15mm with lower jaw and genio?  The cephs show that his airway got way bigger.

pekay

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »
I agree, those Sailer results are extremely bizarre and unnatural. The whole ante-face theory/advancement only seems to work on a very few % of patients.

http://drrichardjoseph.com/jaw-surgery/ - much more tasteful and natural looking

Chopsticks > Spoons

sanddunes

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy but I think on guys especially having a more prominent jaw like Sailor advocates looks good (obviously sometimes Sailor goes too far however).  Dr. Joseph is no doubt incredibly talented, but sometimes I feel like he leans in the opposite direction of Sailor and maybe doesn't go far enough sometimes.

For example:  This guy looks way better after, but his mandible stills seems a little recessed maybe.  For a girl I would say the proportions are perfect but for a guy I think a stronger jaw might be better.  What do you think?

joa84

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 08:27:25 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy but I think on guys especially having a more prominent jaw like Sailor advocates looks good (obviously sometimes Sailor goes too far however).

For example:  This guy looks way better after, but his mandible stills seems a little recessed maybe.  For a girl I would say the proportions are perfect but for a guy I think a stronger jaw might better. What do you think?

My thoughts exactly. Pekay, just because some people end up looking overdone and unnatural doesn't mean the ante face theory is wrong. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 08:32:57 PM »
the "anteface" theory. i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

pekay

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »
My thoughts exactly. Pekay, just because some people end up looking overdone and unnatural doesn't mean the ante face theory is wrong.

but people have different head sizes/types/shape, spacing of features, nose, etc... a super projected lower third doesn't suit everyone.

what if a plastic surgeon that specializes in breast implants said that D cups are ideal, would it be okay for petite/small women to get them?
Chopsticks > Spoons