Author Topic: Cosmetic Double Jaw Surgery Help (uncommon situation)  (Read 7230 times)

kgm

Cosmetic Double Jaw Surgery Help (uncommon situation)
« on: December 26, 2013, 06:51:46 PM »
So I had surgery on my lower jaw 4 years ago and I am unhappy with the aesthetic results. My bite problems before were slight asymmetry, slight underbite and a pretty bad open bite (my front teeth met but my back teeth didn't; not sure if this is actually called an open bite). My appearance improved but it was not even close to the result that I desired. My face-particularly the shape of my lower face- is still unattractive. This has unfortunately been commented upon by other people so I know that isn't in my head. I have two problems:
a.) Even though I am female, I have an ante face. Basically my lower and upper jaws protrude beyond the top part of my face. See this pic below:

As you can see, this is quite an aesthetically appealing look on a male, but it looks terrible and masculine on a female.

b.) The area between the bottom of my nose and my upper lip is long (i.e. long philtrum).

These two things combined give me the appearance of a long and masculine face. Fortunately I have a short nose so the length of my midface comes primarily from my long philtrum.

I know all the risks related to jaw surgery (I've gone through it before!) but I do think having a better face is worth the risks. I've researched various plastic surgeries and unfortunately jaw surgery is the only procedure that has the potential to produce any significant difference (I understand why it's popular in South Korea). My face has caused me so many issues in my personal and professional life that I am willing to go to great lengths to improve it.

I was wondering what advice you could offer me without seeing my pics. I am thinking of maxillary impaction+ a lip lift would help with the philthrum issue, but I'm also concerned about the general protrusion of both my jaws. Would the surgery here help?
http://www.itemcliniceng.com/face/item-face10.html

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:30:22 PM by kgm »

kgm

Re: Cosmetic Double Jaw Surgery Help (uncommon situation)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 08:03:57 PM »
The link to the pic I wanted to post is here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ante+face&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mvu8UvfeHNCgkQehi4DICQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=634#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Mm1YQR9lLxxbVM%3A%3BLBXdv15qtIAaQM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FR7eBa.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fpuahate.com%252Fshowthread.php%253Ft%253D43108%3B372%3B436

This is my pic:

I know that maxillary impaction won't change the length of the philtrum as this is soft tissue we're dealing with, but it will reduce the overall length of my face. I would do a lip lift afterwards (I know this is risky as most look fake, but I have to make tradeoffs I guess).

kgm

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
Here is another pic. As you can see the area from the bottom of my nose to the bottom of my chin takes up way to much space on my face. It looks very unfeminine. I'm sort of at a loss of what to do; I really want to improve my face.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:14:32 AM »
strong body dismorphia detected. FWIW angelina jolie also has an ante face and you wouldn't call her ugly, would you ?

you look good judging from the pics, although a pic showing the entire face would tell us more.

don't get more surgery though.

kgm

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »
strong body dismorphia detected. FWIW angelina jolie also has an ante face and you wouldn't call her ugly, would you ?

you look good judging from the pics, although a pic showing the entire face would tell us more.

don't get more surgery though.
Angelina Jolie has a short philtrum though. I guess I'm more bothered by the combination of long philtrum+protrusion.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 12:18:41 AM »
Angelina Jolie has a short philtrum though. I guess I'm more bothered by the combination of long philtrum+protrusion.

your face looks neither unfeminine nor unattractive. if you are worried about being more feminine, a pleasant personality, a feminine demeanor and cooking skills will take you farther than additional surgery.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 03:12:17 AM »
Do you realise how little the jaw and all that affects aesthetics? Anyone with a terribly recessed chin but stunning eyes and a reasonably proportioned midface will still look amazing.

If you aren't attractive - especially given the photos you've posted - then quite frankly your problem is not your jaw. It's your eyes or something else like that.

Harsh truth: You can't improve eyes to any significant extent. Love band surgery, improving the tilt, hair transplant into eyebrows, make-up of eyebrows, dying them darker colours, latisse on eyelashes, and contact lenses are basically it. If you have potato eyes then this likely won't help.

Much like I'm sure you cope with not having an IQ of 150, the same applies to looks. You need to learn to live with being an average human being.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:14:40 AM »
your face looks neither unfeminine nor unattractive. if you are worried about being more feminine, a pleasant personality, a feminine demeanor and cooking skills will take you farther than additional surgery.

Hear, hear!

And being a female it's noteworthy that men are very attracted to bodies. Much more so than women are to men's bodies. Time to start lifting, brah.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »
KGM.  ..I  think you look perfect and pretty ...don't get surgery you will ruin yourself.   PM me if you like.   That website is evil....people purposely post destructive comments to upset and to cause emotional trauma to people.

geijutsu

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 12:20:13 AM »
Do you realise how little the jaw and all that affects aesthetics? Anyone with a terribly recessed chin but stunning eyes and a reasonably proportioned midface will still look amazing.

If you aren't attractive - especially given the photos you've posted - then quite frankly your problem is not your jaw. It's your eyes or something else like that.

Harsh truth: You can't improve eyes to any significant extent. Love band surgery, improving the tilt, hair transplant into eyebrows, make-up of eyebrows, dying them darker colours, latisse on eyelashes, and contact lenses are basically it. If you have potato eyes then this likely won't help.

Much like I'm sure you cope with not having an IQ of 150, the same applies to looks. You need to learn to live with being an average human being.

lol, what's a potato eyes?