Author Topic: SARPE and negative effects  (Read 5582 times)

Jjya

SARPE and negative effects
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:56:47 PM »
Getting SARPEd in a week and I'm getting really freaked out by it. What are the negative effects that could happen with it? Could it change my face? I just wanna breathe like a normal person instead of a scared rabbit
Thanks

Lazlo

• Private
Re: SARPE and negative effects
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:47:00 AM »
Getting SARPEd in a week and I'm getting really freaked out by it. What are the negative effects that could happen with it? Could it change my face? I just wanna breathe like a normal person instead of a scared rabbit
Thanks

you're actually quite lucky your doctor is putting you through sarpe. it's the optimal thing to do to have a wider palate and it will improve your bone structure. it may be uncomfortable for a few days or a week and trouble eating but any changes to your face will be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE i can guarantee you that. many of us who had extractions should have had sarpe instead since it allows you to keep all your teeth and creates a broader smile. you're very lucky your surgeon pushed you towards this option. juts make sure he overcorrects a little since it does tend to relapse a bit. the cosmetic effects will all be positive. good luck! and congrats.

Jjya

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »
Hey thanks:) My surgeon said there are risks that happen rarely with it but didn't elaborate and I just started thinking about that. I guess I have trust issues with doctors, I literally research every medication/birth control pill/whatever they try to give me because doctors can be pretty ignorant. but I trust your opinion and haven't heard any death by sarpe stories yet.. im just gonna stop thinking about it hah

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:58:14 AM »
Hey thanks:) My surgeon said there are risks that happen rarely with it but didn't elaborate and I just started thinking about that. I guess I have trust issues with doctors, I literally research every medication/birth control pill/whatever they try to give me because doctors can be pretty ignorant. but I trust your opinion and haven't heard any death by sarpe stories yet.. im just gonna stop thinking about it hah

there are definitely no deaths by sarpe --it's a very simple operation --it's annoying for the time the distractor is in, but the actual distraction is only a few weeks. it's gonna give you AWESOME results. totally stop thinking about it. i know a bunch of people who have had distraction and they turn out awesome. Look at these awesome results from having sarpe --the widening of the maxilla the broad smile, the gums and teeth look healthy, and then this woman had jaw surgery as well a year later, she looks awesome.

and i've seen even better results. the more crap you read on the internet the more you'll just get anxiety attacks. trust your doc and trust your body to do the healing. you're young and you'll do awesomely. just keep up the vigilant hygiene, get a waterpick, stop eating sugar, and be gentle on your gums.

Jjya

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »
Thanks Lazlo!! I'll try to stay positive and only think about the recovery aspect, and I;ll try to post updates of my results if you're interested.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
sure thing, i'd be very interested to hear the play by play of your sarpe experience either here or on PM, since it's something I feel I should have had, and may possible need in the future. GOod luck, it's actually not that big a deal and you'll do great!

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »
Out of curiosity, why SARPE? Do you have a high arched palate? Or did you push for this procedure to help with your breathing, as opposed to a turbinate reduction?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »
Out of curiosity, why SARPE? Do you have a high arched palate? Or did you push for this procedure to help with your breathing, as opposed to a turbinate reduction?

dantheman, sarpe is a great procedure it will widen your arch so all the teeth fit, will improve breathing AND aesthetics. Turbinate reduction is a terrible surgery.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 11:30:15 AM »
How are you doing with you SARPE?

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »
The question is will any doctors think i'm not crazy by asking for a SARPE over turbinate reduction?

Jjya

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 02:25:26 AM »
Sorry, I wish I had an update on this but there was a family emergency so I had to cancel the surgery and reschedule for my next break(April!).