Author Topic: Time for a thread dedicated to the Chin Wing Osteotomy?  (Read 86280 times)

swisser

Re: Time for a thread dedicated to the Chin Wing Osteotomy?
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:53 AM »
I've had a BSSO+LeFort I before with another surgeon that didn't went well so my chin was still a bit numb from that. I feel like the additional numbness from the chin wing is already gone. Also, a bit of numbness is really not a big deal - nothing you ever notice in your daily life.

Yes, I had a bone graft, but in most cases it's not needed anymore today. I had a big gap in my bone on one side from the last surgery that made it impossible to do a continuous cut without damaging the nerve, so he had to cut around it and took the bone graft to try to fill it up. So far that seems to work, but there's a danger of bone resorption. But this is not something normal cases need.

Like any lower jaw surgery, swelling is biggest after 3-6 days, then goes down. I was back at work after 8 days and I don't think the swelling was noticeable anymore... but I also didn't care too much.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2015, 04:58:42 AM »
I've had a BSSO+LeFort I before with another surgeon that didn't went well so my chin was still a bit numb from that. I feel like the additional numbness from the chin wing is already gone. Also, a bit of numbness is really not a big deal - nothing you ever notice in your daily life.

Yes, I had a bone graft, but in most cases it's not needed anymore today. I had a big gap in my bone on one side from the last surgery that made it impossible to do a continuous cut without damaging the nerve, so he had to cut around it and took the bone graft to try to fill it up. So far that seems to work, but there's a danger of bone resorption. But this is not something normal cases need.

Like any lower jaw surgery, swelling is biggest after 3-6 days, then goes down. I was back at work after 8 days and I don't think the swelling was noticeable anymore... but I also didn't care too much.

Good to hear that things went well with your chin wing surgery.  Was it really just to camouflage the bad BSSO?  Did Triaca give you options regarding grafting other than your own bone?

jaws

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2015, 08:59:02 AM »
While it might be technically easy I think it needs a lot of experience to get it right.

I've been told that more and more surgeons in Europe are using it. I'm seeing Dr. T again next month so I could ask him.

(Yes, I've had a chin wing a few weeks ago and no, you won't get any pictures. Pretty happy with the result and recovery was a breeze.)
Great to hear your comments! Triaca could be able to tell you how many of his patients have experienced relapses i.e. how common it is.

How impressed you were by the before/after pics of the chin wings Triaca showed you? How much the patients improved on average? Were the aesthetic improvements usually better on the front or on the profile?

healer

« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2015, 09:57:18 PM »
While it might be technically easy I think it needs a lot of experience to get it right.

I've been told that more and more surgeons in Europe are using it. I'm seeing Dr. T again next month so I could ask him.

(Yes, I've had a chin wing a few weeks ago and no, you won't get any pictures. Pretty happy with the result and recovery was a breeze.)

hi swisser, could you tell us how much you paid for chin wing ?

thanks

jaws

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2015, 02:26:00 AM »
How much width and angularity can a chin wing give you? From what I've seen a frontal view doesn't change much which is a disappointment.

Those results are bad in comparison to Sailer's jaw line augmentation. What material does Sailer use?

Custom made jaw implants seem to be aesthetically superior to chin wing that's almost always a compromise.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:10:54 AM by jaws »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2015, 03:32:49 PM »
How much width and angularity can a chin wing give you? From what I've seen a frontal view doesn't change much which is a disappointment.

Those results are bad in comparison to Sailer's jaw line augmentation. What material does Sailer use?

Custom made jaw implants seem to be aesthetically superior to chin wing that's almost always a compromise.

are those implants on the guy with glasses or Sailer's lypholized cartiledge?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2015, 04:01:15 PM »
I dunno those after pics look kind of airbrushed.

I mean I will give Sailer this, he definitely knows how to transform people. Someone said his "implants" i.e. cadaver bone turn into "real" bone or something which sounds I dunno not possible but who knows what happens if blood vessels and stuff grow into that stuff. Also, how strong is it? Like could you still participate in sports and get a blow to your chin or would the cadaver bone just shatter and come apart or would it heal like regular bone if you were hurt. I just don't like the idea of these implants in the sense that it's not living tissue.

That said, if they don't produce erosion that's good. The blonde woman looks transformed. I know people who are happy with their sailer results. I'm just not gonna go down that path I don't think. But he does produce the results people want.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2015, 04:31:46 PM »
The after pictures are also taken from a different angle.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2015, 05:15:12 PM »
That's a nice result. His jaw work seems to be very solid from what I've seen but I think he's out of his element when it comes to the midface.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2015, 06:22:00 PM »
I'm talking about the upper midface. Malar implants and stuff. It's not relevant in this case but it seems to be what gives some of his other patients that unfortunate tranny look.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2015, 06:27:56 PM »
This guy had an impressive result. Le Fort III?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
Where are the frontal pics? He looks very similar to me before my first surgery except he doesn't have as much of an underbite as I had/have.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:39 PM »
what are you guys talking about that guy looks amazing now, he looks like Cillian Murphy. His palette isn't too narrow.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:19 PM »
what are you guys talking about that guy looks amazing now, he looks like Cillian Murphy. His palette isn't too narrow.

Yeah I think he looks really good too even if he might still technically have some aesthetical issues. It looks like he has makeup on though so the after pictures feel a bit dishonest.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2015, 12:43:59 AM »
god I love that i spelled palate, palette, hahahahah what is he f**king Matisse?