Author Topic: Re: Do our looks determine our personalities?  (Read 11622 times)

streo

Re: Do our looks determine our personalities?
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
But can an average person go from a 6 to a 9??

It's definitely possible, but it largely depends upon what you are presenting with and if the doctors involved can work with it.  Look at the girl here:

http://calorielab.com/news/2008/08/21/dr-j-on-the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-facial-reconstruction/

Jack

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 03:38:14 AM »
It's definitely possible, but it largely depends upon what you are presenting with and if the doctors involved can work with it.  Look at the girl here:

http://calorielab.com/news/2008/08/21/dr-j-on-the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-facial-reconstruction/

Streo I totally agree that that girl ended up very good looking, but her befores are less a case of a "normal" face than someone who is on the more "deformed" side of the spectrum. So she's not really starting out from a "normal" status and thus her improvements radically change her appearance because they "normalize" her.

Heavyweight

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 04:01:11 AM »
It's definitely possible, but it largely depends upon what you are presenting with and if the doctors involved can work with it.  Look at the girl here:

She's lucky that her flaws were correctable. If she had a long nose or a long upper lip, I doubt she would have gotten nearly as good a result. She does look fantastic -- her face is beautifully compact after surgery.

Jack

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 06:21:22 AM »
She's lucky that her flaws were correctable. If she had a long nose or a long upper lip, I doubt she would have gotten nearly as good a result. She does look fantastic -- her face is beautifully compact after surgery.

Heavyweight, you are ABSOLUTELY correct. So I actually consulted with a facial aesthetics expert and he said that anyone who is considered highly attractive has a compact midface --by which he meant that the distance between the pupils and upper lip is relatively short. Also, the distance between the eyes (greater width, but not too wide is highly indicative of attractiveness). So yeah, orthagnathic surgery can't influence the latter. I wonder though, does impaction(which I don't need) affect the former? Oh well, we'll do the best we can.

Eroica

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 04:47:44 AM »
Seems like some of the guys in this thread have been spending too much time on puahate. I've seen dudes like the one in the first picture posted who date hot girls and are happy and confident. Sure, they'd have to try harder than that other guy, but that's a given. I don't think looks are going to hold you back that much unless you are substantially deformed.

Jack

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 06:36:57 AM »
Seems like some of the guys in this thread have been spending too much time on puahate. I've seen dudes like the one in the first picture posted who date hot girls and are happy and confident. Sure, they'd have to try harder than that other guy, but that's a given. I don't think looks are going to hold you back that much unless you are substantially deformed.

Agreed. I date 9's and 10's and I'm only a 7.

Eroica

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »
Sorry buddy, but you sound like a total tool with this numbering crap you appear to be obsessed with.

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »
Sorry buddy, but you sound like a total tool with this numbering crap you appear to be obsessed with.

Agreed.

CK

• Private
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »

streo

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
CANNOT UN-SEE!

Gotta scrub from my mind's eye  :D !

CK

• Private
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 09:26:01 PM »
What about this guy? He isn't substantially deformed in any way, but he'll probably be rejected by society.

http://i.imgur.com/9Z0zD.jpg

rejected by society lol? he needs acne treatment and a decent haircut. you guys are so dark.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
What about this guy? He isn't substantially deformed in any way, but he'll probably be rejected by society.

No, HW. He is in no way deformed  :-\.

Jack

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »

He's not deformed at all! I mean he seriously should get on some accutane, like RIGHT NOW so he doesn't develop any scars. . And he has a nice smile. Crap hair, get that s**t buzzed, he has pubic hair on his head so shouldn't grow it out. Maybe not wear such a stupid shirt. Put on a bit of muscle. He could totally mack it. But you know his posture and all, makes him look like a serious beta-male.

Jack

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »

You're just jelly! JELLY! JELLY! JELLY!