Author Topic: When did you feel your surgical recovery was complete?  (Read 695 times)

CK

• Private
When did you feel your surgical recovery was complete?
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:12:29 PM »
I've received mixed messages from posters. I define recovery as 100% recovered both functionally (bite, muscles, bone) and aesthetics. Permanent numbness shouldn't be considered part of a delayed recovery. Originally I was under the impression that recovery would be close to finishing at around 3 months for people younger than 25. Now it may be 6 months to a year or more?

List the type of surgery you had btw! 

stevek216

Re: When did you feel your surgical recovery was complete?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »
At 4 months I feel ALMOST recovered.  The one thing that still reminds me that I'm recovering is my gums being semi numb

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
I've received mixed messages from posters. I define recovery as 100% recovered both functionally (bite, muscles, bone) and aesthetics. Permanent numbness shouldn't be considered part of a delayed recovery. Originally I was under the impression that recovery would be close to finishing at around 3 months for people younger than 25. Now it may be 6 months to a year or more?

List the type of surgery you had btw! 

This is a hard one for me to answer, since my case it unique. My "good" side recovered relatively quickly I'm terms of muscles, bone and numbness. Aesthetically it doesn't look good and my bite is highly unstable but inspite of this it functions normally and doesn't feel like it had ever been broken. Took about 6 months to feel normal. The other side is a whole different story. It never recovered (bite, muscles, nerves & bone).

I had BSSO only.

Sharptoys

• Private
    • The Eric Reyes Law Firm
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »
This is a hard one for me to answer, since my case it unique. My "good" side recovered relatively quickly I'm terms of muscles, bone and numbness. Aesthetically it doesn't look good and my bite is highly unstable but inspite of this it functions normally and doesn't feel like it had ever been broken. Took about 6 months to feel normal. The other side is a whole different story. It never recovered (bite, muscles, nerves & bone).

I had BSSO only.

I'd love to hear more about your surgery. Do you have a blog or thread chronicling it?

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »
I'd love to hear more about your surgery. Do you have a blog or thread chronicling it?

Hey Sharp. No, I haven't set up a thread. I should, though. It feels as if I've told my story, since my comments are scattered all over the forums. Must be confusing to some  :-\. I will get to it.