Author Topic: modified lefort 3  (Read 49223 times)

earl25

Re: modified lefort 3
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 04:41:31 AM »
Pics, or it didn't happen (I kid!).  Which Dr Heggie did you consult with?  I presume you consulted with all these doctors remotely i.e. not face to face?  Would you have any links to how this surgery is actually done?  Are external incisions used?  Can it be done at the same time as malocclusion surgery i.e. Le Fort 1, BSSO?

Thanks in advance

andrew heggis via email. i saw fhe us docs in person

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 04:44:28 AM »
How do I get in contact with him?

earl25

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 04:54:23 AM »
How do I get in contact with him?

googld dr joachim obwegeser and you will get his contact info. i dont have it handy right now

PloskoPlus

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 12:10:21 AM »
andrew heggis via email. i saw fhe us docs in person
Why did you decide to contact him?  He is by far the furthest surgeon from you. Do you wish to be more specific as to what he said?  How serious was he about LeFort 3?  How serious are you?!  Thanks again.

earl25

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »
Why did you decide to contact him?  He is by far the furthest surgeon from you. Do you wish to be more specific as to what he said?  How serious was he about LeFort 3?  How serious are you?!  Thanks again.

I Contacted  heggie because I wanted to get as many opinions about this surgery that I could get and especially from dr.?s who perform the surgery (I searched pubmed for lefort II or III then contacted those doctors). Now I don?t really know what to do r who to believe. Most of the dr.?s I saw who said they would do the surgery said its not so risky. Other doctors say this is the most dangerous surgery known to man. I don?t know who to believe. ALL DOCTORS LIE OR MANIPULATE THE TRUTH, It not always malicious as in , I want  this guys money!, but  cosmetic surgery and any elective surgery is a business at the end of the day. If a doctors discloses all the possible risks no one would have surgery. Medpor/porex is the perfect example. Ask the dr.?s who use it how easy it is to remove. They will removing in the future is no problem. Technically he isn?t lying. You can remove medpor , you can also remove an elbow, that doesn?t mean its easy and you will find people to do it.  I have heard many stories of people who had medpor and wanted it out and they couldn?t find a doctor willing to do it. Even the top medpor guys (dr. y, R, Kim etc). Ive also heard stories of where the doctor couldn?t remove medpor jaw implants without breakingthe jaw so they brought him out of anesthesia and aborted the surgery. When I saw Ramirez , I pressed him hard about how easy it is to remove medpor, he eventually sighed and admitted its very difficult.
Now  some of these same doctors who are telling me the lefort is the most dangerous surgery ever  , are recommending I do fat grafts.  Now Ive been on cosmetic boards since 2004, dr.?s today have a fat and filler fetish beause its cheap,easy and low risk to the surgeon.  Search the internet there are very very few people happy with fat grafts to the under eye area. The ones who are happy with it  and had a good result didn?t need much augmentation or neeed age related plumping. That?s very different from someone with a deficient bone structure. As missj says fat and filler will not go well if you don?t have the ?shelf? bone structure to put that stuff on to rest over. The people who have deficient bone structure normally look like s**t with fat or filler. Also fat isn?t easy to remove. I know one person who went to 3 different doctors to try to remove her under eye fat. Finally  the 4th dr. was able to do it. The reason is fat grafts are little tiny honeycombed pearls. Its not like one chunk where you can just cut it out. Also when I saw hoeing he said even if fat graftds look good now, the fat is from your stomach and grows as you age. He has photos of people who looked ok post op then 5-10 years the grafts grew and had to be removed.  Filler (restylyn) can give a tyndall effect.
On paper the lefort looks like the best way to go except I don?t know what the real blindness risk is. Also someone like me who has a deformed midface area, implants probably wont even do much.  No dr. will go over the 3mm mark for an orbital rim implants because it will show through. And as you age IT WILL show through. Also many dr.s say orbital rim implants are risky as well.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 06:17:37 PM »
Have you consulted with Arnett and Gunson regarding HA grafts? That seems like a good option IMO and they seem to do it often as well.

earl25

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
Have you consulted with Arnett and Gunson regarding HA grafts? That seems like a good option IMO and they seem to do it often as well.

I spoke with schendel about it. it wont give you much mm

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
I'm not sure if Schendel is as experienced as Arnett and Gunson with HA.

earl25

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 06:24:33 PM »
I'm not sure if Schendel is as experienced as Arnett and Gunson with HA.

ive read they tell ppl outright it wont give u more then a few mm

earl25

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 07:23:34 PM »
side

[attachment deleted by admin]

earl25

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »
one ide of my face is lower and smaller than the other.
i dont know what u mean about the molars, i have had extractions.
but as u can see i have a non syndrome deformity

earl25

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 08:47:56 AM »
the entire midface is compact small and assymytrical. also one side of my face is lower than the other. one eye bigger then the other.when i wear contact lenses ppl just stare at my fac and say i look weird. ive considered suicide before discovering ps and maxfax

LoveofScotch

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 02:17:19 PM »
Hi earl25,

Sorry, for what you are going through, and for the different, inconclusive opinions you are getting from doctors. Based on the observations of a layperson, the implants have to be a less risky route, right? So long as you are not having any bite issues, pain issues, or functional issues, wouldn't implants be the way to go?

If you go with the other option, may I suggest that you make sure your private disability insurance is solid. I'm sure you would be completely fine, but I know I would personally feel a lot better knowing that I would be protected (or as protected as possible) if things were to go south. (There's no way I could do my job without my sight; and I'm sure the same goes for pretty much everyone else.)

Good luck with everything.   

earl25

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 09:28:21 AM »
im going to research disability policies cosmetic coverage. i know some do some dont. i do know state benefits dont exclude cosmetic

LoveofScotch

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
You actually can get a disability insurance policy (I'm just talking about private disability insurance) that INCLUDES injury/disability from BOTH cosmetic and elective procedures. They are often lumped together in the policy. An example of a cosmetic procedure is a breast augmentation, and an example of an elective procedure is donating a kidney to a friend who is dying. Again, these two things are often found together in a policy, although not always (I didn't say it wasn't messed up).

Depending on what you do for a living, how much money you make, and how much money you would need should something go wrong; you could look into a pure own-occupation contract/policy. They are a bit of a unicorn policy. Not may insurance companies offer them, many professions are excluded entirely, and they are hugely expensive, but they will protect you like no other.

Whatever company you go with, and with whatever policy you choose (if you go this route), I would make sure you read and understand anything and everything in the policy regarding eyes/vision.

Good luck with everything!