Author Topic: Double Jaw Surgery w/ Dr. Arnett 10/4  (Read 77302 times)

Marisama

• Private
Re: Double Jaw Surgery w/ Dr. Arnett 10/4
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »
Phenomenal results Z.  I bet it feels great.

CK

• Private
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »
excellent profile. are you afraid to shave because of the cheek grafts?  ;D

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:29 PM »
Keep the scruff. Looks better in my opinion.

znewton

« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
Just wanted to post a quick update with some new x-rays and pictures. My lack of involvement on the thread lately has stemmed from life resuming as normal but also from allowing myself to move on from the "jaw surgery is all I can think about" phase ;) 

I'm 10 weeks post op today and am feeling quite good! Most of my numbness has subsided and I'm now left with hypersensitivity on the right side of my chin and lip area. Whenever I touch my lip or chin it's as if I can feel it in my teeth. It's all just very sensitive if that makes sense to you. I get little "zings" whenever I attempt to get rid of the phantom itches I feel there and especially when shaving every morning. I'm only wearing bands at night and my teeth seem to be fitting together quite nicely. My bite is currently a class II but that's all orthodontic at this point according to Dr. A. I find that at the end of the day my jaw is still sore at times but other than that I really can't complain.

I was just released to the soft chew diet on Tuesday which was great. I can't believe I've been blending ALL my food for the last 2.5 months. I've attached the pics/xrays below. That's about it for now. I'll update again at some point - can't really say when though! Hope this thread is of help to some of you. I'm more than pleased with my results. At one point I found myself regretting the fact that Dr. A opted not to perform the genio but I'm really happy with my chin. I'm most pleased with the bite I have now which still feels very foreign to me. I'm simply not used to having a closed bite that fits like this - it's really amazing!

Pre-Op vs Week 10 Post op 

Week 1 vs Week 10 Post op swelling comparison

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
Phenomenal results z.  Great jawline definition and bite stability.  You've made me feel so much better about my upcoming surgery.  Glad you're feeling well too!

znewton

« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
For everyone else - just found my pre-braces pano and wanted to post the comparison as it's pretty dramatic. I nearly forgot how "wonky" my bite was before the braces! It's truly amazing what this surgery accomplishes :)

znewton

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
Quick update for you guys - I'm 5.5 months post-op and everything is going great. 95% of my numbness has gone away and I have a small patch on the right quadrant of my chin that's hypersensitive and is hard to touch or shave. The range of motion of my jaw is still limited and I'm doing exercises daily to hopefully increase it. I guess most patients regain the full range by six months but I may require some physical therapy I'm about 60% of the way there compared to my pre surgery range (54mm) but my surgeon said as long as I can get into the high 30s or low 40s that I'll be just fine. I don't think I'm swollen anymore but for all I know I could be. Here's an updated before / after as well a tease I got of the final product. I moved from LA to San Francisco and upon seeing my new orthodontist was made aware I would have to have my braces removed and replaced with the type he uses. I was able to enjoy my braceless teeth for about 5 minutes at which point I was asked to return to the chair for the new brackets to go on! It was such a tease  :o. That's it for now!