Author Topic: a rough estimate of Lefort I results?  (Read 3069 times)

treevernal

• Private
a rough estimate of Lefort I results?
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »
I often "puff" air behind my upper lip with my mouth closed (aka ballooning my upper lip) and i noticed that there is a lot more fullness to the upper lip and nasal base area.  Just curious if any post-surgery people think this is a rough estimate of what it will look like?  I actually like the look of fullness in my lip and nasal base when I do this. 

CK

• Private
Re: a rough estimate of Lefort I results?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »
I often "puff" air behind my upper lip with my mouth closed (aka ballooning my upper lip) and i noticed that there is a lot more fullness to the upper lip and nasal base area.  Just curious if any post-surgery people think this is a rough estimate of what it will look like?  I actually like the look of fullness in my lip and nasal base when I do this. 

have to see a picture to know for sure what you are explaining. i can't balloon my upper lip, probably because of the upper jaw advancement. i would anticipate that specific area to get more compact and smaller, but there is a soft tissue difference. the few male before/afters ive seen the lips tend to remain untouched but are closer to the nose post-surgery, but for women it can vary because they tend to have softer features.

x

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »
have to see a picture to know for sure what you are explaining. i can't balloon my upper lip, probably because of the upper jaw advancement. i would anticipate that specific area to get more compact and smaller, but there is a soft tissue difference. the few male before/afters ive seen the lips tend to remain untouched but are closer to the nose post-surgery, but for women it can vary because they tend to have softer features.

Are you saying upper jaw advancement shortens the distance between the nose and the lips?

I've been looking everywhere to try and find more info about how the length of that area is impacted by jaw surgery. Do you have any pics by any chance?

CK

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
Are you saying upper jaw advancement shortens the distance between the nose and the lips?

I've been looking everywhere to try and find more info about how the length of that area is impacted by jaw surgery. Do you have any pics by any chance?

typically, it makes features look more compact and appear closer together. if you have lfs it is more obvious.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:55:57 AM »
lfs?

CK

• Private
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »

x

• Private
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:24 AM »
How about bimax surgery, same effect as just upper jaw surgery? I have a bad feeling that that's the surgery I'll probably need, if anything.