Author Topic: What is your largest motivator for having jaw surgery?  (Read 1306 times)

Marisama

• Private
What is your largest motivator for having jaw surgery?
« on: November 16, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »
I thought it would be interesting to hear everyone's largest motivator for going through jaw surgery.  I imagine answers will include aesthetics, function, confidence, breathing...  There are numerous studies that show how jaw surgery improves one's quality of life so I'd like to just gather some information from everyone to compare to some of those studies.

I don't have much time before I go under the knife and I've been thinking about my reasons for going through with jaw surgery.  If I had to choose one main reason for surgery, it would be to have the ability to rest my jaw like somebody without a jaw deformity would.  I have no resting place for my teeth, so I'm never able to relax my jaw.  Accomplishing this goal will also resolve just about every other problem that I have so I think that would be my main reason.  

I'd love to hear what others have to say.

Thanks

Kristen

• Private
Re: What is your largest motivator for having jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 03:31:43 AM »
Airway.!  (breathe normally)

Joy

• Private
Re: What is your largest motivator for having jaw surgery?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
My main reason would be to ease the chronic TMJ pain that I've had for the past ten years.  I am excited and looking forward to feeling "normal" again.  :)