Before/After Photos > Other

My face so far - post-SARPE surgery, pre second surgery

(1/8) > >>

DolphinBite:
Hi -

My before and after photos are here: http://www.happygoplucky.com/my-blog/2012/11/before-and-after-photos-of-jaw-surgery-sarpe.html

Until I put the before and after photos side-by-side I didn't realize how much my face has changed. My upper palate is much wider now - and I think my face is already becoming more symmetrical.

Would love to hear what you guys think!
Brandi

DolphinBite:
I'm trying to fix overcrowding, and edge to edge bite (almost underbite) - and then of course the side effects like jaw pain, and receding gums. :)

trigeminalneuralgia:
Im starting to wonder if what i have is even a palette expander

It looks like a retainer, not the stuff i see in google or db's

DolphinBite:
It doesn't flare the teeth, in fact, my teeth are angled down for the first time in my life! They used to flare out in order to  meet my bottom teeth.

How it works: your palate is split open during surgery by the doctor in a few key places so that it can open up, but is still stable. Then, depending on how much your palate needs to be widened, you turn a key every day for a few weeks and a gap slowly begins to form. Once your palate is widened enough, you stop turning the key and the expander stays in to keep everything as stable as possible. Once your palate has begun to fuse again and everything isn't wiggly anymore, the expander is removed and then the orthodontist can begin to bring the gap back together.

Does this make sense?!

stupidjaws:
dolphin, when will you get surgery?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version