Author Topic: Results of HA paste or bone grafting malar augmentation?  (Read 2329 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Results of HA paste or bone grafting malar augmentation?
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
I've found studies but can't actually see the full thing. I'm really curious to see what's actually possible with teh stuff as I don't really want to go through with a ZSO, and only want a bit of forward projection if anything, and possibly a touch horizontally.

Not much to really add aside from that, so if anyone has anything I'd love to see it.

8)
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

falcao

Re: Results of HA paste or bone grafting malar augmentation?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:38:03 PM »
He has some before and afters. You have to watch the video. I wouldn't trust him though.
http://bmendelson.com.au/?post_type=procedures&p=173

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:50:07 AM »
He has some before and afters. You have to watch the video. I wouldn't trust him though.
http://bmendelson.com.au/?post_type=procedures&p=173

Thanks, I might contact them for an information sheet if it has more before and afters.

What he said was all correct so as far as I can tell, so why don't you trust him?

Finally, interesting how he talked about HA paste and its use in adding projection to malars. That's basically all I need. Mine are already sufficiently wide. Just want a bit more forward projection to give a more 'complete' aesthetic. I still wonder about long term stability and strength (risk of crumbling, reabsorption) vs simply bone grafting which by all accounts is far more stable.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

falcao

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:07:57 AM »

What he said was all correct so as far as I can tell, so why don't you trust him?

Let's just say I know enough about him not to trust him. That's all I can say. Not in terms of what he is saying in the video, but in other aspects of him as a surgeon.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:37:36 AM »
Let's just say I know enough about him not to trust him. That's all I can say. Not in terms of what he is saying in the video, but in other aspects of him as a surgeon.

I read some testimonials about him on an Australian site and he seems to be exactly the type of surgeon that you should stay away from. If anything goes wrong then he will quickly turn on you and someone even claimed that Mendelson went out of his way to make sure the patient couldn't get a revision elsewhere.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »
I read some testimonials about him on an Australian site and he seems to be exactly the type of surgeon that you should stay away from. If anything goes wrong then he will quickly turn on you and someone even claimed that Mendelson went out of his way to make sure the patient couldn't get a revision elsewhere.

PS seems like such a lottery.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 11:54:59 PM »

That is so unbelievably messed up...

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:13 AM »
bump for more results. I'm strongly leaning towards this over and above a ZSO