Author Topic: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look  (Read 48053 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2014, 03:40:20 AM »
IMO also.  Sure facial bones shrink, but their contribution to aging is surely less than that of soft tissues.  Maybe the solution is to sleep upside down to undo the effects of gravity... or to live in space.

BTW, apparently hips widen with age (the bones).

If what you're saying is true, why does an airbrushed 40 year old still look 40? Shouldn't their perceive age be 20 or so?

Looking better for your age (good skin) =! looking younger than your age

Preventing and restoring bone loss is everything when it comes to looking younger than one's biological age. Fat loss and skin quality - whilst extremely important - will not address the fundamental issues which cause one to be perceived as older.

----

Another thing I'd like to address is people in this thread trying to make generalizations about what is and isn't possible based on society's 50 plus people.

How many were using photostable sunscreen that blocked almost all UVA since a very young age? Nothing of the sort even existed. They likely grew up believing a tan was healthy.

How many knew about proper nutrition and supplementation to prevent various functions of ageing and telomere shortening? Again, none of this ever existed.

No living person who could be considered old has ever been able to implement the necessary steps required to truly prevent ageing to a significant degree. So there is very little that can be drawn from these examples other than what I've stated above.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 04:23:35 AM »
The role of bone shrinkage in the aging process was overlooked for years. There's definitely more to it than simply the effects of gravity, that's why simply hoisting the skin up in a facelift doesn't make you look 'young', just a bit odd in most cases.

http://www.livescience.com/35332-face-bones-aging-110104.html

BlueShark7

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2014, 11:19:07 AM »
The role of bone shrinkage in the aging process was overlooked for years. There's definitely more to it than simply the effects of gravity, that's why simply hoisting the skin up in a facelift doesn't make you look 'young', just a bit odd in most cases.

Bleak. But how does science explain Gwen Stefani? I hope I age like her aka not at all.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
Bleak. But how does science explain Gwen Stefani? I hope I age like her aka not at all.

Makeup.  Lots of it.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2014, 03:15:52 PM »

"Although these changes occurred in both sexes, many occurred earlier in women between young and middle age. In men, most of the changes occurred between middle age and old age."

Typical.  All the more reason to marry a guy 10+ years older than you (I guess the downside is that he is likely to die 15 years before you)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2014, 03:34:58 PM »
"Although these changes occurred in both sexes, many occurred earlier in women between young and middle age. In men, most of the changes occurred between middle age and old age."

Typical.  All the more reason to marry a guy 10+ years older than you (I guess the downside is that he is likely to die 15 years before you)

Would that be really a downside if he's rich?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »

I'd imagine that losing your partner would be pretty devastating unless you're a gold digger. Finding a new partner that late in life is probably very hard as well so that money isn't going to do you much good.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2014, 03:55:18 PM »

Even if he's poor, you'd probably be sick of the sight of each other by that stage anyway  ;D

PloskoPlus

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »
I'd imagine that losing your partner would be pretty devastating unless you're a gold digger. Finding a new partner that late in life is probably very hard as well so that money isn't going to do you much good.
Not if he is 25 years older.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2014, 04:12:30 PM »
Even if he's poor, you'd probably be sick of the sight of each other by that stage anyway  ;D

I thought I was cynical... This is actually why I hesitate to get involved with someone because a lot of couples seem to stop being attracted to each other after a while. Being average or below average looking will surely not help in that regard. This is the exact type of relationship I want to avoid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwU2VPKK0M

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »
I thought I was cynical... This is actually why I hesitate to get involved with someone because a lot of couples seem to stop being attracted to each other after a while. Being average or below average looking will surely not help in that regard. This is the exact type of relationship I want to avoid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwU2VPKK0M

Ha, the single life is definitely preferable to that for sure!

The initial rip each clothes off, can't get enough of each other stuff fades to something more manageable for everybody, regardless of the level of physical attraction involved. I suppose decades of f**king the same person can either be incredible tedious or reassuringly comfortable, depending on your relationship - the cosy, companionship side of it is actually quite appealing.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
Ha, the single life is definitely preferable to that for sure!

"Haha, yeeessss good goys... I mean boys and girls. Marriage and families suck! Stay single. If you want happiness try buying the new iPhone that came out!"
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2014, 05:29:01 PM »
This is actually why I hesitate to get involved with someone because a lot of couples seem to stop being attracted to each other after a while.

It's evolutionary.  Over time, most women generally become less and less attracted to their partner (there are actually studies on this)  It does make sense, of course - where's the evolutionary advantage to having 6 kids with the same guy?  There isn't one.  Biologically, as a species, we are just not really wired for lifelong monogamy
It's actually pretty upsetting, to love someone and want to want them, but your body is like "meh, whatever".  Generally with men, although after time they want some variety, they do still retain a decent amount of desire for their partner.

I guess the solution is to accept the reality and not base what you plan to be a long-term partnership on sex.  A lot of people could stand to more pragmatic about this.  Marriage is a compromise - and normally if you want the stability, the emotional support, the kids, the shared income, the partnership etc then you have to sacrifice the fireworks.  People tend to want to have their cake and eat it in this regard when in reality, it really doesn't work that way.  If and 'exciting' sex life is more important to a person than companionship and a family, then stay single.  If you want a family, then accept the compromises that you have to make.  Different people are going to have different priorities in this regard.

I've dated rich guys and I find it can set up the kind of power imbalance I really don't get on with.  I'd rather make and spend my own money than spend someone elses.  But I'm the kind of person who really cannot stand being told what to do by anyone

PloskoPlus

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2014, 05:19:16 AM »
This is the best thread ever.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »
I hate to be the first one to return to original topic, but has anyone here had orbital rim augmentation?  Or have examples?

I'm thinking about consulting with Dr. Yaremchuk about this as he is the only one with examples and specifically discusses this procedure.  Going in through the eyelid seems a bit risky, and I'm pretty sure that's the only option for this type of thing.