Author Topic: Chin Wing or other surgery  (Read 4108 times)

annafr93

Chin Wing or other surgery
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
Hello!

I would if I could you advise, I am from Spain, the other day a surgeon I commented on chin wing, I've been researching and I think as it says I have enough logic, all you told me to to miss 3 or 4 sometimes (not gave me confidence and I think it could be the first) and I'm scared to go wrong, everything is reasonably priced, all inlude 5000 euros, european doctors wanted to know where they are experts in this technique. And I leave an x-ray of my profile that I opineis whether or not it really is suitable for my case.

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Chin Wing or other surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:19:30 PM »
Provided you don't have bite issues a chin wing is a good way to improve ramus length, jaw angles, and chin projection.

It might help if you provide photos too, of in profile and front on. Blank out the eyes if you like.

And which surgeon are you looking at? I wouldn't trust any old surgeon with such a procedure as it's both new and rarely performed. If you can afford it I'd look into doctors such as Zarrinbal and Triaca.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

annafr93

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
Thanks for answering, if I do not trust this surgeon because I might be the first, and the Zarrinbal Tiaca surgeons think they are very expensive, you know of any more economical? Anyone know this operation as round money? Thank you.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 10:00:30 PM »
Thanks for answering, if I do not trust this surgeon because I might be the first, and the Zarrinbal Tiaca surgeons think they are very expensive, you know of any more economical? Anyone know this operation as round money? Thank you.

I've been told Chin Wing with Triaca is 12,5k CHF. This is to get it done by the man who invented the procedure, and arguably one of the best in the world / best in Europe.

Convert that to Euro.

This is your face, not some fancy watch you can take off if you get sick off it. It isn't worth the risk, go get a job, wait an extra six months of hard saving and you can afford Triaca too. You'll thank yourself for it (or be kicking yourself, depending on which way you go).

If we were talking 20k vs 40k, 50k vs 100k, yes this would be a concern. But for 4-6k Euro I think it's unwise to want to skimp. If you really must then Mommaerts offers it for I believe 5-6k, however I believe he has very limited experience with it like almost every other surgeon out there. Which is why he never recommends it to people, instead wanting to do HA paste and other odd methods to augment jaw angles. Never mind all the negative reviews he has.

You need to remember that Chin Wing was invented in 2009. Hardly anybody offers it, and those that do are likely very inexperienced at this point. One day it may take off more, but for now you are limited to just a couple of surgeons if you're serious about choosing someone with skill and experience.

Sorry to rant.. or if this makes no sense. I am drunk.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

ticktickatick

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 04:36:22 PM »
Disillusioned: Maybe this is a silly question, but do you know if Triaca has done chin wing on patients who have already had double jaw surgery? Unless I'm mistaken, the example used in his main article was a surgical "virgin"?

swisser

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 05:09:19 AM »
Old thread, but maybe someone is looking for an answer...

@ticktickatick: Yes, he does do chin wing surgeries to repair what was broken in a previous double jaw / sg. Not without losing a few words over the methods of less talented surgeons :) I'm doing this currently, might post some pictures later.

terry947

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 04:17:17 PM »
swisser If you could post some that'd be amazing!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 10:00:51 AM »
Question: can a BSSO and chin wing be done at the same time? Or does one need a BSSO first? Then a chin-wing a few months later?

notrain

• Private
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:30 AM »
Question: can a BSSO and chin wing be done at the same time? Or does one need a BSSO first? Then a chin-wing a few months later?

depends on the surgeons technique. if he does bsso as per obwegeser/dal pont then the cuts for bsso interfere with the chin wing.
when the cuts for the bsso are made higher, then chin wing can be done at the same time. zarrinbal does it this way.