Author Topic: random question  (Read 1603 times)

nrelax11

• Private
random question
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »
So since my face shape will change from surgery, you think I'll be able to have different hairstyles now? My face has been long and narrow ever since it hit puberty and its always been a b*tch finding a good style that easy.

Oh, and does advancing the mandible cancel out impaction? Or will my face still be shorter?

PloskoPlus

Re: random question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »
So since my face shape will change from surgery, you think I'll be able to have different hairstyles now? My face has been long and narrow ever since it hit puberty and its always been a b*tch finding a good style that easy.

Oh, and does advancing the mandible cancel out impaction? Or will my face still be shorter?

AFAIK,  length and width can be controlled by jaw angle (rotation) and length (advancement, retraction) and cheekbone osteotomy.  That's about it.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
K yea thats what I figured. I know that something like impaction wont necessarily make your face wider, but by shortening,  itll make it appear wider. Thats one thing im hoping to get out of this surgery, is a somewhat wider looking face. Keeping my fingers crossed it does lol

So Im not 100% sure yet, but im suppose to have be having maxillary impaction/advancement and advancement of my mandible.  I wonder if all the advancements will cancel the impaction. I remember looking at some dudes photo on here who only had maxillary advancement and his face appeared significantly wider. Im getting my molds and xrays done tuesday before I can set a surgery date:) The day is finally getting near
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:24:33 PM by nrelax11 »

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:38:22 PM »
I can't speak to your situation without having seen photos, but oftentimes people are left with wider zygomatic arches and jaws, but their old narrow forehead which looks weird.

Definitely keep an eye on it post op if you're trying to achieve a wider face, as a wider forehead will be absolutely necessary (if you current one is narrow or out of balance). It looks very 'odd' for someone to have a wide lower 2/3rds but a narrow upper third.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 11:12:32 PM »
Go to the overbite section and I made a thread of some pre op photos. I mean my mandible isnt any wider than the top portion of my face, so I think I should look fine. Hopefully.