Author Topic: JAW SURGERY GONE WRONG-From underbite to asymmetrycal overbite  (Read 14812 times)

Modigliani

• Private
Re: JAW SURGERY GONE WRONG-From underbite to asymmetrycal overbite
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 05:52:57 AM »
Well that is good news. Did he say what he was going to do?

falcao

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 06:07:11 AM »
coninuo a essere positivo nonostante la brutta esperienza, non mi lascio rovinare la vita per colpa di un errore altrui

That's the spirit.

Did you contact Sandro Pelo by any chance? I've been thinking about making an appointment with him some time in future in case my TAD treatment doesn't feel quite right (hopefully not).

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »
In theory your nose should narrow if the maxilla is  moved backwards, whether that actually happens in practice I don't know. BUT, you're only 5 weeks out and I can promise you that it will become smaller over the next few months - that area tends to hold onto swelling the longest for some reason. Concentrate on getting the jaws sorted out first, any rhinoplasty should be done afterwards.

Do let us know how you get on with your consultations, there are a few of us looking for revision surgery and we're always keen to hear about skilled surgeons.

But you are assuming the surgeon did an alar cinch.  He may have not.  In which case, those muscles are just hanging there.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 05:27:12 PM »
But you are assuming the surgeon did an alar cinch.  He may have not.  In which case, those muscles are just hanging there.

Even if there is no alar cinch, at 5 weeks there's still going to be a ton of swelling in that area which will be contributing to the increased width.

Albie94

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 08:19:05 AM »
Even if there is no alar cinch, at 5 weeks there's still going to be a ton of swelling in that area which will be contributing to the increased width.

my nose got so big after the surgery! I spoke to a new surgeon and he tokd me that I will need double jaw surgery to really fix my case...none of my teeth touch now and I'm always in pain, I have really terrible headaches all the long and I can't even chew correctly...my life just got worse

Albie94

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
Here's me now. Im the tall guy...I cannot tell if I still have swelling left or not on my cheecks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Very nice  8)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 09:06:04 PM »
You look good. Do you have a casual photo like that before your operation?

Albie94

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 05:08:14 AM »
You look good. Do you have a casual photo like that before your operation?
This one is from before...I think I looked better before,  my nose was thiner, but I had an underbite and I was always flrcing myself to look good in pics...but now I also have a gummy smile because of the inclination of my upper jaw, wich is driving me crazy. I dont even wanna smile anymore..it's so frustrating and I cant wait to get the right surgery again..I never felt depressed in my life before but now I really am...sometimes I think I just can't handle it

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 05:14:16 AM »
This one is from before...I think I looked better before,  my nose was thiner, but I had an underbite and I was always flrcing myself to look good in pics...but now I also have a gummy smile because of the inclination of my upper jaw, wich is driving me crazy. I dont even wanna smile anymore..it's so frustrating and I cant wait to get the right surgery again..I never felt depressed in my life before but now I really am...sometimes I think I just can't handle it

I find it hard to believe that you have an underbite in that club photo.  I'm serious.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 05:30:11 AM »
I find it hard to believe that you have an underbite in that club photo.  I'm serious.

I've forced myself to look at the pic several times  :-[  and I don't see any hint of an underbite either, it's weird.

Maybe his full lips are masking it?

Albie94

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 08:04:44 AM »
I've forced myself to look at the pic several times  :-[  and I don't see any hint of an underbite either, it's weird.

Maybe his full lips are masking it?

wait, I think I confused you!!! The pic of my before it didn't load, I just checked..I'm gonna try to post it now

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 09:31:51 AM »
It's hard to see anything in frontal pictures. Do you have one from the side?

ticktickatick

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
So far you look good in both pictures. In the pre-op pictures the underbite is obvious.

In the post-op I do not see the problem. You look good. I also tried lining up your midline with your philtrum and it looks like they line up. So maybe something shows up on your xray but from the outside I don't see the misalignment.

I would just be careful about getting another surgery. The outside appearance is what matters so much, isn't it? There are a lot of people who had something wrong in their xray, went to get a surgery, and then the xray and the bite was perfect but they looked like s**t on the outside.

I experienced this with my first round of orthodontics. I had a palatial expander which lined up my teeth but it changed my whole face shape in a negative way. Originally I had a very delicate feminine face, but with the expander it widened the top part of my face but not the lower. So I now had a wider nose, weird looking midface, worse retrognathia...but my lower jaw and chin were still so small that I was disproportional. But my bite and xray were good! But it doesn't matter how great your teeth are if you feel ugly.

So with how good you look right now...I think if I were you I would just leave it alone. Just my thought.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 04:38:15 AM »
So with how good you look right now...I think if I were you I would just leave it alone. Just my thought.

He said he is now in constant pain. He has a really obvious bimaxillary cant as well after his first surgery, look at his first picture.