Author Topic: How bad is an "ante-face"?  (Read 53332 times)

pinky

Re: How bad is an "ante-face"?
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »
Oh thank you so much! I think you are the first person that I have found in the exact same situation as mine! What did you have before your first surgery? Underbite or overbite?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »
It's difficult because of scar tissue and stuff but it can be revised, I'm getting both my jaws set back in a few months after they were advanced too much a year ago My new surgeon reckons he can move them back 3 or 4mms which will be about right, so don't panic it is fixable  :)

Fixable yes, but at what cost? She said she didn't have any money for a revision.

I think you should have a consultation with Arnett and Gunson because they understand this whole ante-face bulls**t. If they don't even like the result then you should go back to your previous surgeon and demand a revision. How was the first surgery funded? Insurance?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
LOL, I remember exactly how you feel, I couldn't find any info either, I was going out of my mind...we're special snowflakes  ;D

I was a class ii, so overbite and overjet but I had the worst surgeon in the world and he did literally everything wrong.

Definitely go and see A@G, they're disgustingly expensive to have surgery with but the consultation is well worth it judging from what others have said. I'm in Europe so didn't see them myself but would have done if I'd been in the US.

Dr Sinn is in Texas, he might be worth a consultation if you haven't seen him already. My UK surgeon spoke very highly of Dale Bloomquist in Seattle I think, bit of a trek for you but he might be a good stand by.

pinky

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2014, 01:18:51 PM »
I'm consulting with Gunson on December 4th and taking his workup to my surgeon. I'm still trying to get him to agree to redo my surgery.  I know it's too soon right now and I will have to wait until 6 months post op but I want him to at least agree already so that we can get the ball rolling.  My current surgeon still claims everything is perfect. Right now not even my bit is right. It is still asymmetrical but supposedly orthodontics will be fixing that.

Insurance covered my surgery but I had to pay $3,500 out of pocket plus $3,500 for chin reduction plus the braces!

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »
Fixable yes, but at what cost? She said she didn't have any money for a revision.

I think you should have a consultation with Arnett and Gunson because they understand this whole ante-face bulls**t. If they don't even like the result then you should go back to your previous surgeon and demand a revision. How was the first surgery funded? Insurance?

I just wanted to reassure her that it is doable. Perhaps she has grounds for a legal case?

pinky

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »
Thanks Modigliani! I will look into those surgeons.  It will be difficult getting surgery with someone else since most likely insurance won't cover a second surgery because my bite is technically fixed. :(

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
I'm consulting with Gunson on December 4th and taking his workup to my surgeon. I'm still trying to get him to agree to redo my surgery.  I know it's too soon right now and I will have to wait until 6 months post op but I want him to at least agree already so that we can get the ball rolling.  My current surgeon still claims everything is perfect. Right now not even my bit is right. It is still asymmetrical but supposedly orthodontics will be fixing that.

Insurance covered my surgery but I had to pay $3,500 out of pocket plus $3,500 for chin reduction plus the braces!

Would you trust your original surgeon to fix it?

pinky

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2014, 01:22:26 PM »
I just wanted to reassure her that it is doable. Perhaps she has grounds for a legal case?

I hope it doesn't have to come to that.  My surgeon is actually a very highly recommended surgeon. I don't know what happened in my case. I think he rushed through it. He is always overbooked and has like 5 surgeries per week, probably more.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
I hope it doesn't have to come to that.  My surgeon is actually a very highly recommended surgeon. I don't know what happened in my case. I think he rushed through it. He is always overbooked and has like 5 surgeries per week, probably more.

If the surgical plan is wrong it doesn't matter how technical proficient the surgeon is.

pinky

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »
You are right... ugh! I could really use winning the lottery right about now!

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2014, 01:30:11 PM »
Wouldn't the insurance company need to approve the revision? Even if the surgeon agrees to waive his own fee then you'll still be left with the hospital cost and what not and that part can be ridiculously expensive.

pinky

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2014, 01:53:14 PM »
yes, which is why i am trying to get him to agree right now.  There must be something he can do to get insurance to cover it. He cannot leave me hanging like this!

Modigliani, when is your revision surgery?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Jan/Feb some time, I've had to have another 6 months in braces to prepare the teeth, again  ::) Just want it all over with and my life back, you know?

Saw your other post, what makes you think it hasn't healed?

pinky

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
I am only 2.5 months post op. So I have to wait for the scar tissue to disappear. And I know what you mean, I want to move on with my life too!! Do you mind sharing any pictures?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »
Don't feel comfortable sharing pics yet, the bastard left me with an open bite as well as everything else so I'm a real sight for sore eyes  :o