Author Topic: What procedures do you think I will need? (X-ray) Male 19  (Read 5374 times)

KronosAlphason

What procedures do you think I will need? (X-ray) Male 19
« on: July 15, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
Hi!

I am a 19 year old male who is getting ready to begin the journey towards jaw surgery. While I am waiting to get a consultation with an orthodontist, I would like to ask if there's anyone on this board who is knowledgeable enough to make a preliminary assessment of what movements I am going need for optimum aesthetics and functionality. I have posted a link to Xray that was taken approximately 20 months ago. Would appreciate any help greatly!  :)

http://imgur.com/V5Ib8DO

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: What procedures do you think I will need? (X-ray) Male 19
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:13:46 PM »
Hi!

I am a 19 year old male who is getting ready to begin the journey towards jaw surgery. While I am waiting to get a consultation with an orthodontist, I would like to ask if there's anyone on this board who is knowledgeable enough to make a preliminary assessment of what movements I am going need for optimum aesthetics and functionality. I have posted a link to Xray that was taken approximately 20 months ago. Would appreciate any help greatly!  :)

http://imgur.com/V5Ib8DO

Do you mouth breathe?

http://i.imgur.com/tRpB9fG.jpg
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:32:34 PM by Disillusioned »
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

KronosAlphason

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:13:10 AM »
I used to when I was a kid and I still do at night so yeah that's messed my growth up

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »
Do you mouth breathe?

http://i.imgur.com/tRpB9fG.jpg

wait Im confused, so the link that Disillusioned posted is what KronosAlphason should go for? or is it what he would have been if he hadnt mouth breathed as a child? so is that achievable with surgery? what about the forehead part?

KronosAlphason

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »
Probably what I would have looked like had I not mouth-breathed,  but it is roughly achieveable through surgery (to at least give the illusion of correct growth.)

But I'm still wondering what procedures i need ?

razorg

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 03:57:15 PM »
woah, dont know how this was posted in this thread. sorry!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:05:10 PM by razorg »

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 08:13:27 PM »
Probably what I would have looked like had I not mouth-breathed,  but it is roughly achieveable through surgery (to at least give the illusion of correct growth.)

But I'm still wondering what procedures i need ?

Perhaps a lefort to advance maxilla and improve occlusion, chin wing for jaw angles, rami, chin?

01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

KronosAlphason

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »
Perhaps a lefort to advance maxilla and improve occlusion, chin wing for jaw angles, rami, chin?

What about maxillary impaction, my midface is too long  as a result of the downward growth (luckily I have a broad face so I don't give that impression), an impaction would improve my FWHR right?

ForeverDet

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
Hard to tell from the x-ray, do you have an underbite? Are your lips relaxed in the x-ray or are you forcing them closed? You seem to have some level of retrognathia or maybe just micrognathia with a wonky bite. Your upper lip (and perhaps maxilla) look a bit recessed relative to your lower lip but again, hard to tell because idk what your bite is or if your lip posture is relaxed.

Disillusioned - nice morph! Looks totally real.

If that is achievable I think your looking at counter-clockwise rotation via maxillary advancement (anterior up/forward, posterior down) and a mandibular advancement with maybe a sliding genioplasty to give your chin that great shape. You made not need counter-clockwise rotation but you may also need impaction if your incisor exposure at rest is excessive.

If your upper teeth are behind your lower teeth then may need something a little different as theoretically treating class III cases are not my forte for obvious reasons.

KronosAlphason

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »
Hard to tell from the x-ray, do you have an underbite? Are your lips relaxed in the x-ray or are you forcing them closed? You seem to have some level of retrognathia or maybe just micrognathia with a wonky bite. Your upper lip (and perhaps maxilla) look a bit recessed relative to your lower lip but again, hard to tell because idk what your bite is or if your lip posture is relaxed.

Disillusioned - nice morph! Looks totally real.

If that is achievable I think your looking at counter-clockwise rotation via maxillary advancement (anterior up/forward, posterior down) and a mandibular advancement with maybe a sliding genioplasty to give your chin that great shape. You made not need counter-clockwise rotation but you may also need impaction if your incisor exposure at rest is excessive.

If your upper teeth are behind your lower teeth then may need something a little different as theoretically treating class III cases are not my forte for obvious reasons.

thank you! Good analysis and along the lines of what I've been thinking. I basically have an edge-to-edge bite.

Now, I live in Sweden but I don't think the state will be able to meet my aesthetic needs. What are some good surgeons around Europe that I can consult with?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »
Anyone but Mommaerts.

Zarrinbal in Germany might be a good one to start with.

KronosAlphason

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »
Anyone but Mommaerts.

Zarrinbal in Germany might be a good one to start with.

Thank you, yeah Ive read some horror stories about Mommaerts,
ill look into Zarrinbal, not too long a trip, any idea what price range Im looking at with him?

KronosAlphason

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 04:01:11 AM »
Also,  can anything be said about my airway from that picture ?

KronosAlphason

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 12:31:21 AM »
Bumping question ^

notrain

• Private
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 01:50:27 AM »
Also,  can anything be said about my airway from that picture ?

It looks to be of normal diameter.